News Roys Win The Universe!

Remove this Banner Ad

ROYS WIN!!! ROYS WIN!!!

Often referred to as a very average team, Roys prove the averagest of all!

In a shock upset, the Fitzroy FC headed off an eleventh hour assault to take out the Best Average pennant in the recent Chaos reset at Subspace Continuum!

In the oldest ever Massively Multiplayer Online Game, "Subspace / Continuum", the Roys took out the prestigious award with an immense final thrust that would make Ron Jeremy proud.

(Click this image to see a better quality version)

Leading with a day to go, on 127 average, it seemed as though all efforts might come to nought when pathetic scarlet lady 4v4 squad !norating assailed the top placing, equalling the 127 score and taking first place by a decimal point. But, in a play reminiscent of those famous wins enjoyed by the Fitzroy team when the VFL and AFL was its hunting ground, the best team in the world added two more points to its average with only hours to go. In a two-week reset period, this was nail-biting stuff!

While media found it difficult to penetrate the closeknit FitzroyFC community, the players did offer up their godly selves for a series of portraits which are sure to grace bathroom calendars for years to come. Below, led by dogged skipper Superboot, and followed by the two players who did the most damage, C'arn and Brunswick, you can see the line-up which re-wrote Subspace history!

super121.jpg

bruns416.jpg
carn308.jpg

fitz104.jpg
mobbs550.jpg

mullarvey91.jpg
roysroys203.jpg

Congratulations FitzroyFC, for once again showing that there is nothing in the world that is not the stomping ground of the club we hold so dear!

Join the Royvelution at Subspace Continuum, a top-down 2-dimensional online version of asteroids, where the rocks are manned by 13 year-old pimples from Macau, and they shoot back!
Download at http://www.getcontinuum.com - its free, sexy and never had to go back to get its hat!

Crude imitations need not apply :
realroy.jpg

I recognise some of those words Mobbs, but I really have no idea what you're on about. :confused:

Congratulations anyway. Go Roys!

Its an online computer game (the first one of its kind, started circa 1995). I still play it regularly. Mostly the players are 10 year or more veterans of the game, as opposed to the more kid-oriented games out there these days (Halo, Call Of Duty, Starcraft) which are mainly played by young folk.

This game (Subspace / Continuum) is a spaceships shoot-em-up game. You fly a spaceship against other people's ship and try to blow them up. There's a heap of details, teams, various weapons, etc, but Chaos Zone is generally more true to the original game from many years back, its just "find a bad guy and kill them" concept.

Here is an example of play in Chaos I've just found on Youtube :
[youtube]RZfzBV_MSRI[/youtube]
The player in focus there, is - for the most part - part of a "turret": multiple players attached together. The solo flying can be seen amongst most of the other ships around him trying to kill him. It might look pretty intense but part of that is because his "bounty" is very high and so everyone else in the arena is chasing him.

A squad of players all with Fitzroy names won a specific "reset" (2-week season) Average Category in a zone (competition venue) called Chaos. "FitzroyFC" is the squad. Opposing squads were teams named !norating, etc. All those players in the FitzroyFC team are definitely not all me under different aliases. No.

There's also an unrelated player by the name of Firkroy, which causes a little confusion at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back