RTS on PS3

Remove this Banner Ad

There's really nothing, well, from what I've seen.

Same with RPGs apart from Oblivion.

PS3 shortcomings galore!

Wouldn't matter even if it were. I defintely can't recommend BFME 2.

If you want an RTS, get a good PC is the simple answer. They are arguable the most complex video games and don't appeal to most of the casual console gaming audience like they do to PC gamers.

It's not about the appeal, it's about the vast difference in your ability to control such a game on a console. Every console RTS I've played has been a nightmare when compared with the ease of a mouse/keyboard on PC.

RTS titles suck pretty bad on consoles usually - though it could work better on PS3 with a mouse/keyboard set up.

Can anyone actually name a good RTS on a console?

Oh, and there are some good RPG's on PS3 TL, you played Folklore yet?

I got it when I still had a CRT TV and I couldn't read the words on the screen so I took it back. I'm kinda trying to avoid paying $90 for it, but it never seems to be on sale anywhere. I might have to bite the bullet and invest. Gameplay wise I liked it, but since I couldn't follow the story it seemed futile.

Enchanted Arms is horrible, utterly horrible. I played it for about 7 minutes and put it away forever.

I want FF13 but it seems so far away!

What other RPG titles are on the horizon?

IMO this is one area where PS3 lags way behind the 360 at this stage. I envy Fable and Mass Effect.

I got it when I still had a CRT TV and I couldn't read the words on the screen so I took it back. I'm kinda trying to avoid paying $90 for it, but it never seems to be on sale anywhere. I might have to bite the bullet and invest. Gameplay wise I liked it, but since I couldn't follow the story it seemed futile.

Enchanted Arms is horrible, utterly horrible. I played it for about 7 minutes and put it away forever.

IMO this is one area where PS3 lags way behind the 360 at this stage. I envy Fable and Mass Effect.

Well, Fable isn't out on 360 yet - and the first one was a bit of a letdown if you ask me.

Mass Effect is awesome, but you'll only want to play through once - it's the worst game Bioware has made (which still makes it great though)

I bought Lost Odyssey for my 36, played about half way through the first of four discs, and haven't touched it since. Lame.

Never having played Mass Effect or Fable I'm only judging on mere speculation. I'll give Folklore a chance and see where it takes me.

RTS titles suck pretty bad on consoles usually - though it could work better on PS3 with a mouse/keyboard set up.

Universe at War on the 360 is pretty good, but it was designed and built from the ground up for the machine. Some pretty awesome ideas in terms of control scheme in that game.

Mass Effect is awesome, but you'll only want to play through once -

Disagree totally. The gameplay differs a fair bit depending on what abilities/backstory you choose for your character.

I played it through 3 times with a Soldier, Biotic, and an Engineer. Loved it each time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White Knight Chronicles - from the creators of Dragon Quest VIII, Dark Chronicle, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy - is meant to be coming out this year.

[YOUTUBE]9XH1rH2Z714[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XH1rH2Z714

It does?

I wonder if this title will feature Commander Chef?

commandchef.jpg

You have Tom Clancy's End War coming later this year with voice activated control :thumbsu: I have seen it in action and it works really well (no more fiddly controls)

Other options this year are:

Red Alert 3 and World in Conflict (also with some voice activation)

All should be worth your time if you are an RTS fan

No RE3 for PS3. Can't say I'm disappointed.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a97526/ea-pulls-the-plug-on-red-alert-3.html

Electronic Arts has announced that it has canned the development of the PlayStation 3 edition of Red Alert 3 for the "foreseeable future".

The title, which was announced in February, had recently been voted as 'one to watch' for the US E3 show this year.

The story of the real-time strategy game involved the leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travelling back in time to change history and restore the glory of Russia.

Speaking to Videogaming247, an EA spokesman said: "We can confirm that the development of Red Alert 3 for PS3 has been put on hold. EA LA is focusing resources on development for PC and Xbox 360 which will ship simultaneously this autumn.”

No RE3 for PS3. Can't say I'm disappointed.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a97526/ea-pulls-the-plug-on-red-alert-3.html

Electronic Arts has announced that it has canned the development of the PlayStation 3 edition of Red Alert 3 for the "foreseeable future".

The title, which was announced in February, had recently been voted as 'one to watch' for the US E3 show this year.

The story of the real-time strategy game involved the leadership of a doomed Soviet Union travelling back in time to change history and restore the glory of Russia.

Speaking to Videogaming247, an EA spokesman said: "We can confirm that the development of Red Alert 3 for PS3 has been put on hold. EA LA is focusing resources on development for PC and Xbox 360 which will ship simultaneously this autumn.”

Wow that's big news. Red Alert series are some of my favourite games, looking forward to this :thumbsu:

Picked up Folklore over the weekend, loving it :thumbsu:

Much better when you can read the text, the story actually makes sense :eek:

The Id's system is an innovation I've never encountered before.

World in Conflict might be coming to PS3. It's more of a real time tactical as there isn't any base building etc. It's probably the kind of game that'd appeal to more casual console users.

I have it and it's decent but it never really made me want to come back and play it over and over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back