Unsolved Rubaiyat - Suspicious deaths, codes & spies

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I note with interest that the Australian spooks sent to tail Makarov say that they had the upper hand on keeping a tail on him in Adelaide, because they knew Adelaide.

Hmmm. This was only months after the corpse was found on Somerton beach.
And the spooks assert in their report that they knew Adelaide. In other words they had visited Adelaide before. More than once, obviously. Can this statement mean that the Australian spooks were in Adelaide previously on the Somerton case?

Also of passing interest is how Makarov lost his tail in Adelaide by getting on a tram and then getting off on the opposite side. And again, more successfully, in Melbourne, by purchasing a train ticket, going to the platform, but his tail didn't find him getting off anywhere.
(presumably he mingled with the alighting passengers to leave the station without being noticed). The similarities with Makarov's behaviour in eluding his tail, and the baviour of the Somerton Beach man at the Railway station as described by the Station attendant in Littlemore's TV program notes is duly noted. This does not appear to be mere coincidence.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
I wonder if ASIO ever figured out who Makarov was meeting in Melbourne and Adelaide?

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
The producers of Final Rendezvous missed something important.

Folio 10. Operation Fairmile in NAA. 1954-1955
Re: 1952

Could KILANSKI Stanislaw be
The Henryk Kalwinski, photographer
code name Alexander in this report?

Otherwise
The other possible file is KALWINSKI Henryk - born 19 January 1913 - Polish

Last edited:

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I wonder if ASIO ever figured out who Makarov was meeting in Melbourne and Adelaide?

Now we can possibly guess that it was Kilanski with some reasonable grounds for suspicion.
If so, He simply wasn't just any illegal and wasn't just a courier for delivering a burst transmitter to Pile.

Last edited:

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
The producers of Final Rendezvous missed something important.

Folio 10. Operation Fairmile in NAA. 1954-1955
Re: 1952

Could KILANSKI Stanislaw be
The Henryk Kalwinski, photographer
code name Alexander in this report?

Otherwise
The other possible file is KALWINSKI Henryk - born 19 January 1913 - Polish

I've built Henryk Kalwinski's family tree to see if there's anything to indicate what he may have been doing for Petrov.
I note that family members were victims of both Nazis and Soviets. Nothing overtly stands out to suggest why he would work with Petrov.

Back