Rucci can still bite when he wants to

Remove this Banner Ad

13 wins in a row is excellent no matter what way you spin it.

The reality of this coach is that he's gone 14-3 (1st), 17-5 (2nd) and 17-6 (3rd) in 3 of the past 4 seasons. The ability to win home and away games is proven and not doubted by anyone fair minded.

The ability to perform in big games such as Showdowns and finals against anyone anywhere is very, very questionable - in fact, it's not questionable, we've simply proven that we can't do it.
Yep. If this was the Premier League I'd be happy for Hinkley to stay on. Good to very good home and away coach. But, even when everything is in his favour, he cannot win finals. And if you're a coach in the AFL who cannot win finals, you're useless to a team with a list that's good enough to contend.

In each of the last four(!) finals series we've played under Hinkley, we've been knocked out, at home, against a team we beat in the home and away season, and who finished below us on the ladder. That is a genuinely insane record. At a serious club, that would have had him out the door years ago.

Last edited:
The 13 in a row was only mentioned as context to what happened after the "untenable" comment. It's a non-factor in deciding between the board candidates.

Whilst the tone of the article was pro-Abernethy, it's hardly a reason to attack Bruce. He's a Port Adelaide champion too and entitled to run for the Board if he thinks he can make a positive difference.

From what I've heard, he's not pro-Hinkley anyway but isn't nailing his flag to that mast so as to provide differentiation in his candidacy.

At the end of the day whoever gets the nod is one voice among many, albeit one of accountability I would hope.
I agree however I was told by a very close friend of his, admin approached him to apply not long ago. Meaning Rucci and him are lying if true

I agree however I was told by a very close friend of his, admin approached him to apply not long ago. Meaning Rucci and him are lying if true
Of course they're lying. They're always lying. They're masters of it. Tredrea is the beginning of the end for all of them and about ****ing time.

Yep. If this was the Premier League I'd be happy for Hinkley to stay on. Good to very good home and away coach. But, even when everything is in his favour, he cannot win finals. And if you're a coach in the AFL who can't win finals, you're useless to a team with a list that's good enough to contend.

In each of the last four(!) finals series we've played under Hinkley, we've been knocked out, at home, against a team we beat in the home and away season and who finished below us on the ladder. That is a genuinely insane record. At a serious club, that would have had him out the door years ago.
At home every time bloody ell. That hadn't even clicked to me. Maybe we should request a daytime prelim next time. Bit less scary.

Not that I'm out to defame Abernathy, but if ever, EVER the Anti Vax dribble is peddaled out to discredit Tredrea as some sort of dangerous loon, I reckon more than a gentle reminder should be disclosed to the general public of Abernathy's completely underhanded and morally questionable dealings with his long term employer who had looked after him for many years resulting in Abernathy having to pay a very large settlement for ******* them over. Not saying this needs to be dragged up, but if the cheerleaders, club, Koch are going to play dirty, the ability to counter that is more than there.

Looks like the Monteleone family has been taking your advice Papa G

Some interesting posts being deleted by the club on their FB page.

Directly from the PAFC constitution. “All Club Members have a right to vote in relation to the election of Club nominees for appointment by the AFL to the Board”

Directly from the PAFC constitution. “All Club Members have a right to vote in relation to the election of Club nominees for appointment by the AFL to the Board”
The question then is when does membership start in any given year.
Is it season to season? If so 2024 membership hasn’t kicked in.
If it is calendar year then it will.

The question then is when does membership start in any given year.
Is it season to season? If so 2024 membership hasn’t kicked in.
If it is calendar year then it will.
I would assume it either goes with the AFL clubs financial year that ends around October some time or else it goes from AGM to AGM or from the time the date you lose the rights to your old seats (around December IIRC).

It doesn't specify in the constitution and I have never noticed it specified in the members renewal.

"Upon purchase of your 2024 Membership, you will be able to log into your Membership Account and view your invoice. You will also receive a Welcome email from the club as confirmation that you are a member".

Perhaps somebody who has recently bought a membership needs to approach the company that is conducting the vote as to whether they are going to issue ballots to new members. This could be a smoke screen to enable as few people as possible to vote.

This is the product of the pathetic administration's call to defer the AGM to just before the new season instead of facing the angry masses after the debacle that was the 2018 season. They're a p*ss weak bunch of campaigners. Perfect description of Koch, Hinkley, KT and Davies.
My thinking is this, Koch and the funky bunch can sit there and make their own rules because they answer to nobody. But the company that is running the ballot have a responsibility to run the ballot in a legal manner or else their reputation as a company gets trashed. So if the constitution says that all members can vote then the company will issue ballots.

The flipside of this is if they don't allow all members to vote and subsequently find out it was an illegal vote - if the vote doesn't go their way they might not sanction the nomination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My thinking is this, Koch and the funky bunch can sit there and make their own rules because they answer to nobody. But the company that is running the ballot have a responsibility to run the ballot in a legal manner or else their reputation as a company gets trashed. So if the constitution says that all members can vote then the company will issue ballots.

The flipside of this is if they don't allow all members to vote and subsequently find out it was an illegal vote - if the vote doesn't go their way they might not sanction the nomination.
Agree but my beef is the AGM used to be after the end of the season, usually December. No matter how sh*t the season is now, it's all sunshine and rainbows by February as far as they're concerned. It's just pathetic. Just how it's designed to be. Just another way to quell the dissenters. Well, I'll be at the AGM with bells on and cheering when they announce Tredders.

The 13 in a row was only mentioned as context to what happened after the "untenable" comment. It's a non-factor in deciding between the board candidates.

Whilst the tone of the article was pro-Abernethy, it's hardly a reason to attack Bruce. He's a Port Adelaide champion too and entitled to run for the Board if he thinks he can make a positive difference.

From what I've heard, he's not pro-Hinkley anyway but isn't nailing his flag to that mast so as to provide differentiation in his candidacy.

At the end of the day whoever gets the nod is one voice among many, albeit one of accountability I would hope.

Very well said.

Of course they're lying. Richo and Abernethy met at the Precinct just before he nominated. And their meeting that day wasn't just a discussion about the weather.

Aber is the Club's pick and a pathetic one at that because they went to so many other higher profiled former players who flat out told them they don't want to run against Tredrea.

If the Club is indeed restricting voting rights only to members who were paid up last year (and have continued their membership this year), that is something never implemented for any members vote in the club's history. Given that the membership department have been advising new prospective members that they would be eligible to vote in this upcoming election, this is literally the definition of misleading and deceptive conduct under this current Board's management.

Either Jamie Restas (vice president on the Board and legal counsel) has overlooked this, which would further be proof of the Club's poor governance, or he is aware of it and allowing said deceptive conduct to occur, which could have potential legal ramifications for the Club going forward.

You need two things to improve Greendale Port Adelaide, matches and gasoline.

read thread title

200.gif

A good question now is, who would people here prefer?

Tredders Or Aber?

I want Aber. I understand the groundswell for Tredders, but Aber has more business experience, more general experience, and from my point of view (not that this matters in terms of working well on a board), like him much more.

Just my view.

FTA

This theme was put to Tredrea by leading Port Adelaide officials in 2023, when the Hall of Famer was told he could have a greater influence on football committees rather than in the board room where football issues do not dominate the monthly agenda.

Therein lies the problem my friends.

A good question now is, who would people here prefer?

Tredders Or Aber?

I want Aber. I understand the groundswell for Tredders, but Aber has more business experience, more general experience, and from my point of view (not that this matters in terms of working well on a board), like him much more.

Just my view.
If your building a board from scratch

Msunt your view has merit

But what do you think the board needs right now?

Abernathy (see his last stint on the board)

Or Tredders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back