Rucci can still bite when he wants to

Remove this Banner Ad

A good question now is, who would people here prefer?

Tredders Or Aber?

I want Aber. I understand the groundswell for Tredders, but Aber has more business experience, more general experience, and from my point of view (not that this matters in terms of working well on a board), like him much more.

Just my view.

Did you come up with this yourself or is it what Richo told you to say?

We beat 11 of the other 17 teams in that time.

There's a reason teams don't win 13 in a row very often, it's a difficult thing to do no matter who you are playing.

In fact, the only other non Victorian team to EVER do it was the Brisbane team of 2001.

Downplaying it is pointless, misses the key issue (ie inability to perform under pressure in finals) and makes you look like you're driving an agenda at all costs rather than just looking at facts.
Winning that many games is an achievement. Most seasons you need to win a minimum of 13 games to make the finals which we achieved, winning 17 in total and only losing 6. A very good achievement. Those are the facts. Winning 13 in a row is luck of the fixture, that is also a fact. One you for what ever reason are unable to see.

People all putting their hopes on Tredrea on the board might want to be careful what they wish for.
He isn't the only Port person that wants that fraud Hinkley gone.

Simply fact.
What business experience does Tredrea have?
None.
We have plenty of business experience on the board. A good board has people with varied experience. It is clear that our board lacks someone with experience in what it takes to be a successful professional sporting organisation.

Simply fact.
None.

who gives a *? there are enough business drones on the board and zero footy people, why do you want it completely imbalanced?

Of course they're lying. Richo and Abernethy met at the Precinct just before he nominated. And their meeting that day wasn't just a discussion about the weather.

Aber is the Club's pick and a pathetic one at that because they went to so many other higher profiled former players who flat out told them they don't want to run against Tredrea.

If the Club is indeed restricting voting rights only to members who were paid up last year (and have continued their membership this year), that is something never implemented for any members vote in the club's history. Given that the membership department have been advising new prospective members that they would be eligible to vote in this upcoming election, this is literally the definition of misleading and deceptive conduct under this current Board's management.

Either Jamie Restas (vice president on the Board and legal counsel) has overlooked this, which would further be proof of the Club's poor governance, or he is aware of it and allowing said deceptive conduct to occur, which could have potential legal ramifications for the Club going forward.
Given the wording of the constitution they could in fact be in breach of their duties as directors.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I want Aber. I understand the groundswell for Tredders, but Aber has more business experience, more general experience, and from my point of view (not that this matters in terms of working well on a board), like him much more.
Lets ask Abers employers at the time about that business experience.

Anyone with any sense would think its a reason to exclude him from a board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst case scenario is that we appoint Tredders and nothing changes, but at least we tried. Whilst i don't completely buy the conspiracies around Aber putting his hand up for a position, and maybe naively believe that his intentions are genuine (albeit i do believe he is the club's choice) but he had 10 years on the board previously so i think Tredrea with a completely fresh perspective is a much better choice.

Simply fact.
None.

Total red herring.

Nobody wants Tredrea on the board for his business nous, they want him on the board for his football nous (something which is, clearly, sorely lacking on the current board).

Tredrea was originally approached to join the board by Darren Cahill who filled a similar role on our board, albeit his experience being from another sport.

Koch is evidently unfazed by not having anyone with any sporting experience on the board of a professional sporting club.

Nice work, Michelangelo. Thanks for starting this great thread about your great article.
This silverfingers most certainly is someone with an agenda from the Aber/Rucci/PA Board side of things.

Lets ask Abers employers at the time about that business experience.

Anyone with any sense would think its a reason to exclude him from a board.

He took intellectual property from one business, and used it in another, newly formed business.

AFL coaches do the same thing every time they swap jobs.

People all putting their hopes on Tredrea on the board might want to be careful what they wish for.

What does that even mean lol how cooked are you that you think Tredrea could make the Alberton echo chamber worse.

Not worse. But he would be just one voice. Him letting loose on 5AA and that reach he gets, is a lot more than he will have on the board.

Wanganeen was supposed to the ex-Port player who wouldn't stand for any mediocrity, etc etc, yet left the board early and was a blunt instrument.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back