Rucci - it's time to go

Remove this Banner Ad

You want crap journalism?

Not too long ago Caroline Wilson strongly intimated that Dane Swan was a regular drug user and that his off season behaviour was so desructive to the playing group that she publically called for him to resign from the club.

She provided no evidence to back up her case.

Swan is still there despite Buckley clearly having no problems with moving players on.

No evidence, no apology.

Rucci may be a nuffie but Wilson is something else.

It's a sad state of affairs.
It was an indictment on the local football media that during the Tippett thingy, one of the bigger SA footy stories in a few years, all of the main stories relating to it were broken by Melbourne based journos. This leaves us with the awkward question of whether the hacks here were merely incompetent in that they just sat back and watched the whole thing happen under their noses, happy to trumped by Emma Quayle, or were they being deliberately blind to the issue in order to ensure they didn't rock the boat with the SANFL and the Crows?

It was an indictment on the local football media that during the Tippett thingy, one of the bigger SA footy stories in a few years, all of the main stories relating to it were broken by Melbourne based journos. This leaves us with the awkward question of whether the hacks here were merely incompetent in that they just sat back and watched the whole thing happen under their noses, happy to trumped by Emma Quayle, or were they being deliberately blind to the issue in order to ensure they didn't rock the boat with the SANFL and the Crows?

I don't need to tell you what most Port Adelaide supporters think.

I am still bemused by the fact that despite the fact Rucci and others have written and said some of the most God awful lies about the Port Adelaide Football Club and many of the people who have worked there over the last 5 or so years it took Rucci about an hours work to work the Crows supporters into a "facts" frenzy.

Use your brain OP, News ltd "journalists" job role is to write sensationalist, controversial articles to suck in people to generate interest. The more crap they write, the more "truth" they bend, the more conflict it creates, the more reaction it gets, is exactly what they are after. Its not rocket science, its how News Ltd works now. Their advertising income has plummeted, producing factual pieces does not get readership, however producing thousands of "controversial" opinion pieces is the only way they are getting any readership and interest nowadays, and this thread talking about him is exactly what Rucci and News Ltd is after. They know what they write is crap, because all they are after is a reaction from the public, hi Andrew Bolt

Not a single infraction and bright sparks still label it doping.

This site.... Geez
Maybe you should ask yourself why your club didn't play finals in 2013 and why their coach is over in France and why the whole world is against them. If you can be honest with yourself and answer those questions, then maybe you'll be able to deal with what's coming a little better instead of living a lie.

Maybe you should ask yourself why your club didn't play finals in 2013

Got banned from competing for a number of charges, which can be distilled down to 'bringing the game into disrepute'.

and why their coach is over in France

Is he? I'm not normally a betting man but I'd wager he's in or around Melbourne right now.

and why the whole world is against them.

Lies. I'm pretty sure Kim Jong-un still thinks we're homies.

If you can be honest with yourself and answer those questions, then maybe you'll be able to deal with what's coming a little better instead of living a lie.

You make an awful lot of poor assumptions, have you noticed?

Is he? I'm not normally a betting man but I'd wager he's in or around Melbourne right now.

I'm not engaging in this debate either way and I'm not arguing about why he was suspended.

But I believe the point was that he WAS suspended, not his physical location at this point in time.

Engaging in semantics doesn't help your cause that much. I've tried it on for size myself and it felt like a cheap Lowes suit. Technically you're "respectable" but no one's going to buy what you're selling. :)

Not too long ago Caroline Wilson strongly intimated that Dane Swan was a regular drug user and that his off season behaviour was so desructive to the playing group that she publically called for him to resign from the club.

Swan is still there despite Buckley clearly having no problems with moving players on.

No evidence, no apology.

On this kind of stuff, I don't know why the players, coaches or anyone else involved in clubs don't just let fly with both barrels at these garbage journos. I'm talking an expletive-laden, vicious tirade, really tearing strips off them. I mean, do people like Caro, Hutchy and Damien Barrett even actually watch the game, or just gossip behind the scenes? I just want someone in the industry to really cut them down and show how little respect people actually have for the s**t they spout.

On this kind of stuff, I don't know why the players, coaches or anyone else involved in clubs don't just let fly with both barrels at these garbage journos. I'm talking an expletive-laden, vicious tirade, really tearing strips off them. I mean, do people like Caro, Hutchy and Damien Barrett even actually watch the game, or just gossip behind the scenes? I just want someone in the industry to really cut them down and show how little respect people actually have for the s**t they spout.
I'd love to see that. But I'd settle for something simpler.

Last week despite most reasonable people seeing the other way Damien Barrett writing on (for) AFL.com.au was all for Viney to be suspended.

After the appeal who does Viney give the exclusive interview to - Damo Barrett. That's just ridiculous.

I think Jack Riewoldt make a mistake with his media ban. I'd much rather him ban certain individuals and express why he was doing it and demand apologies.

Failing that I'd take some more Angry Clarko or Mick Malthouse, except Mick seems to get very upset at the strangest times. Some focussed rebuttal would be nice.

Probably the latter. Most of the media here are crows ambassadors, therefore are comprimised big time. They all should go and get jobs with the Crows. I mean that is what Ian Shuttleworth did. (Ex Ch 10 Sports reporter and Crows Physchophant)

No, that's pretty accurate. So why does he need to make up s**t about the Crows. Just say Port are the preferred team at the moment, and move on. I've got no problem with that.

That doesn't sell papers..

No evidence, no apology.

At least Wilson has done something in her career - break open the drug scandal.

I don't need to tell you what most Port Adelaide supporters think.

I am still bemused by the fact that despite the fact Rucci and others have written and said some of the most God awful lies about the Port Adelaide Football Club and many of the people who have worked there over the last 5 or so years it took Rucci about an hours work to work the Crows supporters into a "facts" frenzy.
Agree, Rucci has written a lot of crap towards both sides. I just can't fathom how bad of a reporter he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're kidding right?

Essendon320x214.jpg

No offense mate (I genuinely mean that); but implying what Rucci writes/wrote is some sort of an injustice is downright laughable.

You are joking right?

Hird gave unknown drugs to kids.

Thats a fact. He gave unknown drugs to kids. Are you ******* kidding me that you feel sorry for your club or james hird?

I wish someone asked him just one would you do what you did to your own boy, and make him answer it.

You are joking right?

Hird gave unknown drugs to kids.

Thats a fact. He gave unknown drugs to kids. Are you ******* kidding me that you feel sorry for your club or james hird?

I wish someone asked him just one would you do what you did to your own boy, and make him answer it.
Hahahahahahaha

This question is probably directed more at our South Australian friends... but what is his deal?

He absolutely hijacked the press conferences last night not letting anyone else get a question in...and I am pretty sure he did the same last year when Geelong beat Port...

Also his tracksuit jackets... is it just me or does he always seem to be wearing an old jacket that he clearly hasn't had to pay for and is getting maximum use out of!

When Hutchy is ripping you apart on twitter with great success you know serious questions need to be asked :D

They have a fair bit of banter with each other. Hutchy is a guest on fiveaa when Rucci is on so there is banter every week. I think they play up the niggle. Rucci always fires back.

Personally I really like Rucci, he is unusual but good at his job in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back