Rucci Replies to Arrowman's Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

If Rucci was a general journalist with the Advertiser and wrote opinion pieces eg Mr and Mrs Cornes and Rebecca Wilson, I think he could write what he likes.

However, under the title of Chief Football Writer, I think he has a responsibility to be unbiased, FACTUAL and respectful. He is none of these things.

A lot of people have jobs where they do not have freedom of speech and have to be polite to people, even if they are being complete knobs. I don't think just because he's a "journalist", he escapes the confines of the job under the guise of "freedom of speech"

PS. I very rarely listen to 5AA now exercising my right to not listen to drivel, however, my occupation makes it necessary that I need to know what is happening in the state and the Advertiser is our only print media which does this, otherwise I would cancel it as IMO there's hardly a decent journalist on their staff.

Ford Fairlane said:
Bucky's still waiting for his apology from the time the entire wolf pack turned on him for breaking the teal guernsey story on The Footy Show and not AA.

Tell someone who gives a rat's sphincter. :)

Scott Van Persett said:
If Rucci was a general journalist with the Advertiser and wrote opinion pieces eg Mr and Mrs Cornes and Rebecca Wilson, I think he could write what he likes.

However, under the title of Chief Football Writer, I think he has a responsibility to be unbiased, FACTUAL and respectful. He is none of these things.
We criticise the Chief Football Writer of the mainstream newspaper in our state because he shows consistent and petty bias against the club we support and we're in the wrong? Come on JohnK, does that make sense? Free speech goes both ways and his audience is far greater than ours.

As for him egging us on, by his own admission he reads this board much more than the Port board so who's egging who on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back