Ruck Prospects 2007 NAB Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Name - Height - Weight - Estimated pick
Matthew Kruezer 199cm 91kg - No.1
Tom Bellchambers 201cm 92kg - Top 10
Ben McEvoy 199cm 90 kg - Top 20
James Wundke 197cm 84kg - Top 20 (Ruck/Forward)
Brent Connelly 199cm 84kg - Top 25
James Mulligan 199cm 87kg - Top 25
Dean Putt 202cm 88 kg - Top 40
Dawson Simpson 205cm 97 kg - Good chance
Will Sullivan 202cm 95kg - Good Chance
Andrew Renton 202cm 94 kg - Good chance

Naitanui from Swan Districts is an outstanding talent. Incredible leap but unsure how an AFL club would view him - Ruck or KPP. Dfinite drafting in a high position
In order to save Gilly some grey hairs, I think the player you're referring to is ineligible for this year.

Thanks to everyone for their info so far :)

Name - Height - Weight - Estimated pick
Matthew Kruezer 199cm 91kg - No.1
Tom Bellchambers 201cm 92kg - Top 10
Ben McEvoy 199cm 90 kg - Top 20
James Wundke 197cm 84kg - Top 20 (Ruck/Forward)
Brent Connelly 199cm 84kg - Top 25
James Mulligan 199cm 87kg - Top 25
Dean Putt 202cm 88 kg - Top 40
Dawson Simpson 205cm 97 kg - Good chance
Will Sullivan 202cm 95kg - Good Chance
Andrew Renton 202cm 94 kg - Good chance

Not sure I see Wundke as a ruck prospect. I think he will be a FF or a FB.

The ruck prospect I am really excited by is James Mulligan. The kid has a lot of development left and a heap of natural ability.

You positive on that? I checked this out before and thought that he snuck in by a couple of days. Can you confirm his DOB lease mate? Happy to cop what you're telling me.
I can only go on what Gilly1972 was saying in another thread, so in short, I can't confirm it.

David Hill BOG against the Northern Territory in the Challenge Cup today, a young ruckman playing his first game at this level. May come into contention...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only go on what Gilly1972 was saying in another thread, so in short, I can't confirm it.

David Hill BOG against the Northern Territory in the Challenge Cup today, a young ruckman playing his first game at this level. May come into contention...?

Naitanui listed as 4th May 1990 on ais site, I'm pretty sure makes him ineligible by not much.

Will be going along on Monday and will keep an eye on Hill.

Not sure I see Wundke as a ruck prospect. I think he will be a FF or a FB.

I agree - although he has played ruck @ north adelaide he looks much better as a full forward or CHF - I suspect the crows will try to draft him and have Sellar & Wundke ready to play in 2009.

That will mean that Adelaide have 3 guys at that in between height (Tippett, Sellar, Wundke). None are quite Ruckmen but all are very tall KPP's. I don't reckon that is desirable.

Why wouldn't Naitanui be eligible now, when he's already playing colts for Swans? My information (and I've not seen him) is that he's a natural personality, tremendously athletic, Fijian origins with dreadlocks and once drafted, a cult figure in the short term. The last may not be a good thing.

Why wouldn't Naitanui be eligible now, when he's already playing colts for Swans? My information (and I've not seen him) is that he's a natural personality, tremendously athletic, Fijian origins with dreadlocks and once drafted, a cult figure in the short term. The last may not be a good thing.

There is a certain age you have to be before you are eligible. Assuming that Gilly has the right birth day (and he's rarely wrong) he misses by a few days - similar to Masten last year.

What you say about him is spot on. Star of the future.

I was referring to David Hill, of Queensland, who was BOG on Friday. Two David Hill(e)'s would give the callers nightmares, especially as they're both ruckmen. :D

Richmond will take Kruezer at pick 1, McEvoy at pick 18 and Putt as a rookie thanks.

I highly doubt we'll use 2 early picks on rucks, and take 3 rucks overall. I think at this stage we'd take Kreuzer and we'd look at another ruck on the rookie list if we decide to replace Graham. I think we have too many other pressing needs to spend that much on rucks this draft. I think it's more likely we'll target a ruckman who can play straight away through a trade or the PSD rather than load up on 3 rucks who won't play in the ruck for 3 or 4 years.

I was referring to David Hill, of Queensland, who was BOG on Friday. Two David Hill(e)'s would give the callers nightmares, especially as they're both ruckmen. :D

Oh haha that would be a hard call. Would be funny to see him at Essendon rotating ruck with the other David Hille

Remove this Banner Ad

Back