Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I only have seen about half of these guys play consistently but this is my judgement of what I have heard and will be met with some criticism.

Left out Adam Goodes because of his utility playing career.

10- Aaron Sandilands
Huge man with great tap work, not amazing around the ground but based on pure ruck ability is a top 10 ruckman of all time.

9- Garry Dempsey
A replacement for the original Nic Nat I have not seen him play but seems to be an overwhelming opinion that he is definitely in the list, looking at his career achievements I have no argument against.

8- Jim Stynes
A great of the game that’s legend lives on, winning a Brownlow medal after swapping codes a great feat, never missed games and tough as nails.

7- John Nicholls
Didn’t get to see him play but his legend is huge and have heard countless stories about big John.

6- Justin Madden
When people describe a ruckman they seem to describe him. His honour board is amazing and held many ruck records for years. A huge impact on the game.

5- Simon Madden
An attacking ruckman who was dangerous when resting in positions and dangerous when in the ruck, had a great combination in his side that lead to a lot of success.

4- Graham Moss
A legend in Western Australia and had a huge impact in the VFL as well, Brownlow medalist multiple best and fairests and premierships throughout his career.

3- Polly Farmer
A LEGEND of the game maybe smaller than most now but he had a tunnel and a state funeral, there is not many bigger names in football history.

2- Max Gawn
His dominance over the last 6-8 years has been amazing, a running machine who is a true leader. One of the best I’ve seen no doubt.

1- Dean Cox
The best I have seen he changed the position amazing footskills and could pick up 20 possesions in the regular, part of a great era of football for West Coast as well.

Honourable mention- Scott wynd Todd Goldstein Luke Darcy Brad Ottens

Last edited:

I only have seen about half of these guys play consistently but this is my judgement of what I have heard and will be met with some criticism.

Left out Adam Goodes because of his utility playing career.

10- Aaron Sandilands
Huge man with great tap work, not amazing around the ground but based on pure ruck ability is a top 10 ruckman of all time.

9- Nic Natanui
A human highlight reel some people will say a top 5 but I don’t think he has enough runs on the board, in terms of talent close to the most dominant at his best though.

8- Jim Stynes
A great of the game that’s legend lives on, winning a Brownlow medal after swapping codes a great feat, never missed games and tough as nails.

7- John Nicholls
Didn’t get to see him play but his legend is huge and have heard countless stories about big John.

6- Justin Madden
When people describe a ruckman they seem to describe him. His honour board is amazing and held many ruck records for years. A huge impact on the game.

5- Simon Madden
An attacking ruckman who was dangerous when resting in positions and dangerous when in the ruck, had a great combination in his side that lead to a lot of success.

4- Graham Moss
A legend in Western Australia and had a huge impact in the VFL as well, Brownlow medalist multiple best and fairests and premierships throughout his career.

3- Polly Farmer
A LEGEND of the game maybe smaller than most now but he had a tunnel and a state funeral, there is not many bigger names in football history.

2- Max Gawn
His dominance over the last 6-8 years has been amazing, a running machine who is a true leader. One of the best I’ve seen no doubt.

1- Dean Cox
The best I have seen he changed the position amazing footskills and could pick up 20 possesions in the regular, part of a great era of football for West Coast as well.

Honourable mention- Scott wynd Todd Goldstein Luke Darcy Brad Ottens

You're from Perth but fail to include Stephen Michael in your list?

I'm calling McGowan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Nat.

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

I'm not sure I can limit it to 10:

White
Stynes
Gawn
Goldstien
Sanidlands
Cox
J Madden
S Madden
Nicholls
Sandi
Wynd
Grundy

The Ruck/ Defenders forwards
Salmon
Ottens
Ryder

Special mentions of the short people
Stephen Michael
Polly Farmer
Goodes

I'm not sure I can limit it to 10:

White
Stynes
Gawn
Goldstien
Sanidlands
Cox
J Madden
S Madden
Nicholls
Sandi
Wynd
Grundy

The Ruck/ Defenders forwards
Salmon
Ottens
Ryder

Special mentions of the short people
Stephen Michael
Polly Farmer
Goodes
Added points to you for naming Sandilands twice.

Surely Gawn is catching up on Cox as the GOAT? Both got 6 AAs, with Gawn being the AA captain and a premiership captain too.

I rate Gawn higher but it depends on what you want in a ruckman. I like my rucks to play a structural role down the line. Cox tended to use his running power to go wide to get the ball and feed it on.

Peter Street will always be no. 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back