Position Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox will slide this year once Naitanui comes back, bookmark it. I have bigger problems than him so he can stay for a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets ragetraded out of a few more teams before the end of the season, including mine.

I actually believe the return of Naitanui will help Cox's scoring. As good as he is, his general ruck work isn't that great. His strength is around the ground and I think with him spending less energy having to ruck most of the game, he should be better around the ground.

In saying that though, Cox doesn't look himself. Looks to be struggling despite him supposedly having a ripper preseason. This might just be his last season as a near must have premiun.

He will also probably be rested at stages this year.

Luey to >

Got Cox, Blicav, Daw. But this year seems very week for rucks. Will Meric come back to 2012 form? Goldy, or Ruff?

Luey to >

Got Cox, Blicav, Daw. But this year seems very week for rucks. Will Meric come back to 2012 form? Goldy, or Ruff?

Annoyingly the three best candidates Minson, Goldstein & McEvoy share a bye with Cox.

Go Jolly if you're on a budget or Roughead if you're not.

I've gone Luey -> Nitnat, and I also have Cox and Roughead in my side (Blicavs on bench)

I'm tossing up between NitNat and Buddy, has Buddy finally turned the corner? :rolleyes:

Goldstein has been doing wonders for me as the ruck. My other ruck was Leuy however with the injury I moved Roughie from the forward into the ruck and picked up Stevie J.

Still fairly happy with my choice of Leuey to Z.Clarke, I'll take an 85 (with 6 tackles from a ruckman, amazing) in torrential rain against Jacobs who was physically monstering him.

I can see the concern with Sandi coming back but I don't think it'll affect his ability to score that much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still fairly happy with my choice of Leuey to Z.Clarke, I'll take an 85 (with 6 tackles from a ruckman, amazing) in torrential rain against Jacobs who was physically monstering him.

I can see the concern with Sandi coming back but I don't think it'll affect his ability to score that much.
This is true, forgot about Jacobs. Absolutely smashed him in the ruck. Was relatively happy with his score, although a little saddened by scores from Kreuzer and Goldy this week.

Still think Clarke will be a decent short term pick though, seems to be quite consistent.

Who will be the second best ruckman for the year behind Cox?

Goldy?

Minson Kreuzer Goldstein Nicnat Jolly - look fairly solid

underperformed rucks if taking a risk - McEvoy Jacobs Ryder

Minson Kreuzer Goldstein Nicnat Jolly - look fairly solid

underperformed rucks if taking a risk - McEvoy Jacobs Ryder

You can add Maric to that second list and Roughead should also be considered. Nicnat, Kreuzer and Goldstein would be the best picks in my opinion with Kreuzer the pick of the bunch if Warnock stays out of the team (which is unlikely).

Once the Byes have elapsed, and perhaps another round or two, when my Team is set and my Emegencies are reliable.

I genuinely believe that two trades a week should make it possible for me to field at least one uninjured Premium Ruck almost every Round.

once Maric has served his bye i will look at upgrading leuy to him.
Though next weeks trades are already decided HVorat and Boyd. If boyd isnt available maybe martin or Maric.

Bellchambers been rubbish for me, but blicavs holding rucks together, happy for him to play while getting over 70

McEvoy's awful scoring has coincided with Hickey being in the Saints team. He's averaged 90+ without Hickey, less than 70 with him there. His last three rounds have netted an average of 58 and is going way down in price. If Hickey is dropped, McEvoy could soon be a great buy at 386k with a high BE this week.

Was going to bring in Nicholls to allow 2 rucks to play throughout my bye rounds, but thinking logically - it's probably better to field a +1 in the mids than take whatever dodgy scrappy scores Nicholls puts out. I'll probably bring him in after his bye anyway to make some coin but over the bye rounds meh, I'll take the zero.

Bit frustrated whether to bring Kreuz in. Adds to my Round 13 bye "woes" and worries over consistency, but NicNat is ~$70k more and Kreuz represents great potential value. If he can average 85 solid I'll count it as a win (or a loss if I don't get him in).

Bit frustrated whether to bring Kreuz in. Adds to my Round 13 bye "woes" and worries over consistency, but NicNat is ~$70k more and Kreuz represents great potential value. If he can average 85 solid I'll count it as a win (or a loss if I don't get him in).

ZAC CLARKE. That is all. Last 3 scores - 104, 95, 84 (in the wet). What more does he need to do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back