International Rugby league and that bloody virus

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL officially putting players being paid over people needing to be tested with ACTUAL SYMPTOMS is a far kin joke. Seriously pissed off with their whole attitude. They seem to think they are the only ones that will suffer. Wake up and smell what your shovelling.

Peter V’landys has vowed that the NRL will play on and not follow the lead set by the AFL to shut down the game unless they are forced to.
In the wake of the AFL’s bombshell decision to postpone its season on Sunday afternoon, the Australian Rugby League Commission chairman told The Daily Telegraph that the NRL had not changed its stance.

V’landys was aware of the AFL’s move but said the NRL was in a better position to push forward because it had already implemented chartered flights to transport every team.

It is understood a meeting of the national cabinet on Sunday night will draft legislation to prevent all interstate travel that is deemed non-essential.

But this is also expected to include wiggle room for the individual state premiers to allow sports to continue and it will be judged on a case-to-case basis.

“I honestly don’t know (if this could change),” V’landys said, “it is moving so fast.

The season will be suspended, I've got no doubt at all.

The season will be suspended, I've got no doubt at all.
The NRL says that the AFL had to suspend their season because AFL clubs are based in WA, SA, VIC, NSW and QLD, and many of those states have closed/are about to close their borders. The NRL says it can play on because it only has representation in NSW, VIC and QLD (and NZ, but the Warriors are apparently going to remain in Nth Qld for the duration).

Chartered flights or not, how are they going to get around the fact that VIc and NSW have/will soon close their borders? Are they going to move all NRL players to QLD and play the rest of the season there?

Tell 'em they're dreamin'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the State Of Origin can be rescheduled later in the year with fans. As a local who bought a ticket for game one, it would be pointless to hold a game in Adelaide with no spectators.

How good are the warriors players.
dipping into their own pockets to get office staff paid.

It's just that time mate. Bloody tragic what's happening around the world right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back