International Rugby league and that bloody virus

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm jumping to the end of the thread here guys, so I may have missed something, but I saw a link on a UK site to a SMH piece about the parlous state of the NRL's finances. Which frankly came as quite a shock to me. I mean, the sport in so popular in Australia, how can you go wrong? And hey, don't get me wrong, SL is in a much worse state. But my faith that a strong NRL would pull our sport through this took a bit of a dip.

I'm jumping to the end of the thread here guys, so I may have missed something, but I saw a link on a UK site to a SMH piece about the parlous state of the NRL's finances. Which frankly came as quite a shock to me. I mean, the sport in so popular in Australia, how can you go wrong? And hey, don't get me wrong, SL is in a much worse state. But my faith that a strong NRL would pull our sport through this took a bit of a dip.
Seems like the fact that so many of them rely heavily on pokie money will hit them pretty hard as well (and yes I know there's a bit of that in the AFL still as well but it doesn't seem anywhere near as prevalent). They were saying today what will happen if all these people who were addicted to pokies and now have a potential 6 month cold turkey period from the machines don't feel the need to come back to playing them when they are allowed to reopen? I don't know the numbers but this could have a pretty big impact even after we get back to 'normal'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Media personnel usually say this junk on a slow day when their employer wants attention and clicks, but this timing... Andrew Johns could genuinely be a moron.

News ltd. are going nuts. The difference in the front page of the HS and DT sports pages are pretty stark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back