International Rugby league and that bloody virus

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor form rushing into a restart due to a very poor financial position. Reeks of desperation. There are more important things than $$$

so they just threw a dart at the dartboard and landed on May 28, and haven't figured out anything else other than that?

“We’re planning a competition start on May 28,” Pearce said.

“The details of the competition structure, we haven’t got to that as yet because the landscape is changing very quickly in terms of protocols around governments and government boundaries are.

“That will feed into the complexity of the structure and how the structure looks. Today we landed on a starting date and began discussing possible structures but we haven’t finalised that yet.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, I'm a bit behind the curve here. So the NRL has effectively got the OK from the govt to start a comp in May (or they don't explicitly object)? So presumably this opens the door for sport in general in Australia? And would that all be behind closed doors?

With the situation as it is here, I think we are months away from even thinking about re-starting any sport.

Sorry, I'm a bit behind the curve here. So the NRL has effectively got the OK from the govt to start a comp in May (or they don't explicitly object)? So presumably this opens the door for sport in general in Australia? And would that all be behind closed doors?

With the situation as it is here, I think we are months away from even thinking about re-starting any sport.
The NRL hasn't got the OK from either the state or federal governments. The NSW, Queensland and Federal government have all said today that they have not agreed to the plan, and the NSW Health Minster said he hadn't even spoken to the NRL since the season was suspended.

It’s already a disaster. They haven’t discussed it with the broadcasters, the government, and probably not even with the Players Association, because they haven’t even settled on a plan on how they’re going to resume. They just announced a date and expected everything to fall in place by filling in the gaps.

If the NRL does resume it will be to empty stadiums. I cannot see crowds for either NRL or AFL for six months.

Not opposed to the NRL having a crack at it but the players and club officials will need to be placed in cotton wool.

As Wayne Pearce says, May 28th is seven weeks away and things change fast. The curve has definitely flattened but it only needs one player or official to test positive and- tbh I am not sure where we would go to from there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back