Multiplat Rugby League Live 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen some good professional reviews for this, but then the reviews from the public have been quite poor. Having said that, same as AFL evolution, these guys seem to be expecting a FIFA/NBA2K quality game, so i don't really take notice of them. Anyone on Bigfooty had a crack at this and able to give some honest feedback? Not a huge fan of NRL but enjoyed the last one, and like to support the Aussie dev's when i can

Yeh it's good, it's more polished than Live 3 and you notice the details of improvements throughout the game, you can tell there is more of a realism to the gameplay and graphics as well. Way more customisation in this game and a decent upgrade, tactics are more detailed, AI improved...

good progressive game.

AI is relentless though, much like in Evolution on difficult, you have to be a wizard to consistently challenge the play, but maybe that's just a practice thing.

Seen some good professional reviews for this, but then the reviews from the public have been quite poor. Having said that, same as AFL evolution, these guys seem to be expecting a FIFA/NBA2K quality game, so i don't really take notice of them. Anyone on Bigfooty had a crack at this and able to give some honest feedback? Not a huge fan of NRL but enjoyed the last one, and like to support the Aussie dev's when i can
It's not that they expect a FIFA quality game but you expect at least some level of quality.
I know it's union not league but this game looks worse than Rugby 08 and that came out a decade ago on ps2. That's where we are right now AFL and NRL games look ps2 level, which would be fine if they asked like $30 but they want full price for inferior products it's an absolute ripoff.

It's not that they expect a FIFA quality game but you expect at least some level of quality.
I know it's union not league but this game looks worse than Rugby 08 and that came out a decade ago on ps2. That's where we are right now AFL and NRL games look ps2 level, which would be fine if they asked like $30 but they want full price for inferior products it's an absolute ripoff.
They need to charge full price to make their money back.

If they didn't then they wouldn't bother making the game.

Ok so I have spent hours on this game and it's ok, but jesus how does one score on a consistent basis? I am playing on pro and it's bloody hard, highly frustrating the amount of times I get hit up and the ball pops out to, yes Kenny Bromwich I'm looking at you.

Any tips on scoring? I am sick of the 8-6 games I am having on pro, I want to move up a level but can't score.

Ok so I have spent hours on this game and it's ok, but jesus how does one score on a consistent basis? I am playing on pro and it's bloody hard, highly frustrating the amount of times I get hit up and the ball pops out to, yes Kenny Bromwich I'm looking at you.

Any tips on scoring? I am sick of the 8-6 games I am having on pro, I want to move up a level but can't score.
Try not to run at the forward pack if you're getting big hit a lot.

Try not to pass too much, rely on the plays for passing, note the play lines.

Double tap the pass button (or double tap the face button if doing a cutout/first receiver pass) to pass to players with better forward momentum.

Use the right stick a lot, side step, fend, drive, big hit. All of this will provide valuable metres.

Be patient, don't expect to score every set. Just work your way through the match.

Might also be worth chucking it on 10 min halves too.

Try not to run at the forward pack if you're getting big hit a lot.

Try not to pass too much, rely on the plays for passing, note the play lines.

Double tap the pass button (or double tap the face button if doing a cutout/first receiver pass) to pass to players with better forward momentum.

Use the right stick a lot, side step, fend, drive, big hit. All of this will provide valuable metres.

Be patient, don't expect to score every set. Just work your way through the match.

Might also be worth chucking it on 10 min halves too.

I'm onto 9 min halves, ill up to 10.

What I tend to do is pass to the best option with quick play the balls, getting a few good penalties for holding down and Cam Smith dominates out of dummy half.

When I get a roll on the cut out passes work well but I'm making one to many passes.

The big guys like McLean and Jesse bromich are good for metres in the hit ups.

I'm getting so frustrated as my defence is fine, just the scoring part.

I'm gonna simplify it, keep to the big guys early, double tap for cut out passes to get guys on the run and be patient.

Game is otherwise enjoyable

Picked this game up for $18 (WC Edition) on the PSN store, I assume there will be another league game coming up that's why its cheap. Thank god for fanhub creations as people in the community have made 2019 kits and rosters which make this game much more enjoyable.

HBK619 I have a question for you seeing as the Bigant forums are hopeless in answering questions. I'm playing the rookie career mode and in the 2nd season. I've moved over to England. In the middle of the season the game just crashes and I can't go any further. I've tried everything that was available to help but can't get it to work. Other modes like Coach Career work just fine.

Picked this game up for $18 (WC Edition) on the PSN store, I assume there will be another league game coming up that's why its cheap. Thank god for fanhub creations as people in the community have made 2019 kits and rosters which make this game much more enjoyable.

HBK619 I have a question for you seeing as the Bigant forums are hopeless in answering questions. I'm playing the rookie career mode and in the 2nd season. I've moved over to England. In the middle of the season the game just crashes and I can't go any further. I've tried everything that was available to help but can't get it to work. Other modes like Coach Career work just fine.
Pretty sure I heard somewhere that Big Ant aren’t making Rugby games anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah just found about that. They couldn't give a crap about their users.
Lol yeah, they couldn't give a crap about the people that help their business survive. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back