Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
A new addition to the forum.

Would like to see actual fans of the game talk about this and ways the game can improve where it currently stands. We're doing a great job in changing the mentality on club memberships which are going well this year, but the game sells itself short when it comes to crowds given its popularity in NSW and QLD.

Really starting to get excited as the season looms. Bring on the 9s!!

A new addition to the forum.

Would like to see actual fans of the game talk about this and ways the game can improve where it currently stands. We're doing a great job in changing the mentality on club memberships which are going well this year, but the game sells itself short when it comes to crowds given its popularity in NSW and QLD.

Really starting to get excited as the season looms. Bring on the 9s!!
I think League has a big problem with attendances. Due to how great the coverage is on TV, league is arguably better to watch on a TV rather than at the ground for most.

Having stupid timeslots (like the new 6pm Friday game) doesn't help in the slightest either. That's just pushing more people to tuning in on TV rather than attending the games.

I honestly don't know how they try and wrestle it back the other way.

I think League has a big problem with attendances. Due to how great the coverage is on TV, league is arguably better to watch on a TV rather than at the ground for most.

Having stupid timeslots (like the new 6pm Friday game) doesn't help in the slightest either. That's just pushing more people to tuning in on TV rather than attending the games.

I honestly don't know how they try and wrestle it back the other way.

I've never lived in Sydney but plenty of RL people I know talk of the vastness if it and how hard it can be to get to games. I think we're incredibly spoiled here in Melbourne to have so many great venues all so close to each other and accessible by public transport.

I'm like you in how to turn those numbers around. Having watched Warrington play I couldn't help but like the looseness of the game and how much more exciting it was. The English game while weaker in standard always seems to offer a bit more on attack and I think that's an area the NRL needs to work towards. The games have become so regimental they can be hard to watch. For all the Warriors faults it's that looseness which keeps me going back for more.

I'm hopeful we see a more open game this year with more emphasis on scoring rather than defending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really thought the Warriors game would draw more, but then probably a bit understandable people may take a wait and see attitude with them.

I'd be unsurprised if the Warriors are usually the worst rating game every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back