NRL Rugby league ratings, crowd and the media discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Link

"Capacity at indoor major recreation facilities must not exceed 75% of seated capacity if ticketed and seated, OR one person per 2 square metres of publicly accessible space, whichever is greater.

Children count towards capacity limits."

Link

"Capacity at indoor major recreation facilities must not exceed 75% of seated capacity if ticketed and seated, OR one person per 2 square metres of publicly accessible space, whichever is greater.

Children count towards capacity limits."

Indoor.

Outdoor

Capacity at outdoor major recreation facilities must not exceed 100% of seated capacity if ticketed and seated, OR one person per 2 square metres of publicly accessible space, whichever is greater.

Children count towards capacity limits.

been this way since last week.

What a dismal round so far. Good Friday and the NRL programme three easy beats up against three of the top six sides in the comp. This is a lop sided competition everyone knew before the season started that Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Parramatta and the Raiders will be the top six. So why kick off Easter with Manly v Penrith 6-46, Bulldogs v Rabbitohs 0-38, Storm v Broncos 40-6 ? Each of these games was over by half time. Puting three of the cellar dwellers against three of the top six was a recipe for one sided games. Why not programme one of the more competitive games in the Good Friday mix?

I started to watch the NRL but switched to the AFL in two of the games. Collingwood v Brisbane, 1 point and Crows v Suns, 10 points had it all over the one sided NRL games. I wonder how many other sport fans did the same?

The NRL has a real problem atm as the difference between the top six and the bottom six sides is astronomical and they have to try something to even the competition up.

What a dismal round so far. Good Friday and the NRL programme three easy beats up against three of the top six sides in the comp. This is a lop sided competition everyone knew before the season started that Penrith, Melbourne, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Parramatta and the Raiders will be the top six. So why kick off Easter with Manly v Penrith 6-46, Bulldogs v Rabbitohs 0-38, Storm v Broncos 40-6 ? Each of these games was over by half time. Puting three of the cellar dwellers against three of the top six was a recipe for one sided games. Why not programme one of the more competitive games in the Good Friday mix?

I started to watch the NRL but switched to the AFL in two of the games. Collingwood v Brisbane, 1 point and Crows v Suns, 10 points had it all over the one sided NRL games. I wonder how many other sport fans did the same?

The NRL has a real problem atm as the difference between the top six and the bottom six sides is astronomical and they have to try something to even the competition up.
Souths and Canterbury do traditionally compete on good Friday, but definitely not sure why they did the other games this weekend; need to me more strategic when choosing when to play the games.

The creation of a 17th team may help spread the talent, but from what I've seen of the pathways and general quality of the squad it does seem like 16 teams is way too many to be competitive for a first grade competition. Maybe splitting Into two divisions would be beneficial, and the. You can add 3 or 4 more teams across the rest of the country, with the addition of promotion and relegation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

14,135 taxpayers at AAMI last night. Not one of them complained about it either.

It's all about the ratings. While some people are jumping for joy over the Lions getting close to two Sydney sides in Brisbane, in a like v like the Broncos just about doubled that last night. Couple that with over 100k more on fox. The networks won't care and I doubt the NRL too much either.

That said, 36-6 at HT in the Sharks v Cowboys game, Swans thrash the Lions and now Essendon up 85-29. Not to forget the Roos absolute thrashing last night.

Back to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2.

Channel 9’s Thursday Night NRL Live
was a time slot winner in Sydney and Brisbane.

Channel 9’s Thursday Night NRL Live recorded a national peak audience of 700,000 (Metro: 427,000 / Regional: 273,000) and a national average audience of 553,000 (Metro: 359,000 / Regional: 194,000) – includes viewers on 9Gem in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

Last night’s game of Channel 9’s Thursday Night NRL Live is up 15% YOY with metro audience to the corresponding round.

Nine evidently didnt include GEM like it said.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back