storm fan

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2011
StormHQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Australia Cricket,League,Union team
http://smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag...ear-to-the-eye-of-sattler-20121008-279cb.html

SO now we know what makes one of rugby league's toughest men queasy.
''It makes your eyes water,'' legendary former South Sydney hardman John Sattler said of Warrington prop Paul Wood's effort to play on after suffering a ruptured testicle in the Super League grand final.
Wood's injury - which led to the surgical removal of his right testicle in the aftermath - added his name to grand-final folklore, alongside the likes of Sattler, who had his jaw broken early in the 1970 grand final against Manly, but played on.
Wood, who turns 31 on Wednesday, suffered the injury in the opening moments of the second half in the decider against Leeds at Old Trafford, but he did not leave the field.

I don't even remember the injury; not much was made of at the time. First I knew about was when I read about it in Monday's paper.

Just reading about it makes your eyes water, though. :eek:

Not a huge deal made of it, heck a Rugby Union club complaining that its home ground wasn't picked as a RWC 2015 venue was the bigger story of the two on the BBC News.

Just watched the (fairly full) highlights on the BBC. A terrific contest and a great advert for the game. The Leeds try disallowed for a forward pass was pretty harsh.

Did you see the game, sf?

I watched it live and enjoyed the game. Last years Grand Final was a better match though imo.

Just watched the (fairly full) highlights on the BBC. A terrific contest and a great advert for the game. The Leeds try disallowed for a forward pass was pretty harsh.

Made up for a try that was allowed from a forward pass though.

I watched it live and enjoyed the game. Last years Grand Final was a better match though imo.

Oh, I don't know. Last years had the pyrotechnics from Rob Burrow, but I think this year's was a better contest and team performance from Leeds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back