Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane Broncos to reveal a new (presumably heritage) jersey tomorrow.

"Before '88 there were two jerseys. Tomorrow we the reveal jersey that never was."

Sound to me like the maroon with gold+white vee design, similar to older Roosters jerseys with the cut-off V.
I swear there is a photo of the framed original concept floating around on the internet, but an hour of Googling hasn't turned up anything. I know its out there. Somewhere.
Any idea when this will be announced?

Any idea when this will be announced?

npOV67V.png

It’s the Broncos’ jersey that almost never was.

Now 29 years later it will finally get its chance to play a part in one of the most-anticipated regular-season matches in Broncos’ history.

Next Friday the Broncos will run out in a previously-unseen 2016 Heritage jersey, a strip that almost became the jumper everyone remembers.

This design was one of two finalists for the original Broncos jersey back in 1987.

It eventually lost the decision to the original strip Wally Lewis wore to captain the Broncos in their debut in March 1988, a stunning shellacking of then-reigning premiers Manly.

But on Good Friday 2016, Corey Parker will lead the current Broncos out onto Suncorp Stadium in the strip that could have started the iconic history of the club.

In keeping with the heritage design, the 2016 Heritage retail jersey will have three-quarter sleeves.

The old-style collar that everyone appreciated in the 2015 Heritage jersey also makes a return for this year’s edition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No more Holden for the Kangaroos?
30102BD6-02CF-42FE-9FF6-EFE6F1DCB241.jpg
WTF is that? Someone needs to go postal at the Australian CCC design team. Just getting ridiculous. That fugly training jersey, the ice pick your eyeballs out Australian Day jersey and now this lol! Please tell me its another training jersey and not the ANZAC jersey...

WTF is that? Someone needs to go postal at the Australian CCC design team. Just getting ridiculous. That fugly training jersey, the ice pick your eyeballs out Australian Day jersey and now this lol! Please tell me its another training jersey and not the ANZAC jersey...

If they sell, they sell...

Super Rugby is looking very ugly this year. And the Sharks didn't even have numbers on most of their jerseys in the match highlights I've just been watching...
I noticed that on FSN yesterday. I can't believe no one noticed, especially the ref.

It's nice, but the coat of arms needs to be a proper coat of arms, not with that stupid one there.

Also the traditional shorts with the two stripes would be much better than the chevron shorts they have been wearing recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back