Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I'm not a revhead, or know anything about cars, so I need to ask:
So Holden is no longer a company? They wont be selling any more cars? Or have the just moved out of Australia?

GM owns the Holden brand and sells their cars under that badge here, they are now no longer going to sell right-hand drive cars so have pulled out of Australia. Therefore the Holden brand is no more at the end of 2020.

GM owns the Holden brand and sells their cars under that badge here, they are now no longer going to sell right-hand drive cars so have pulled out of Australia. Therefore the Holden brand is no more at the end of 2020.
Right hand drive, so this will mean all countries with right hand drive will no longer sell Holden. Left hand drive will.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Right hand drive, so this will mean all countries with right hand drive will no longer sell Holden. Left hand drive will.

Overseas countries didn't have Holden branded cars. Even when the cars were made here, they were always rebadged as whatever the GM brand for the country that they were being sold in (e.g. Vauxhall in the UK). The same thing happened once we stopped producing cars here and other brands models were sold here with the Holden badge.

But yeah, no country that has right hand drive cars will have GM made cars anymore. Apart from some "special vehicles" that they will apparently still sell (but not much is known about that, if any thing it will be things like the Chevrolet Camaro or similar)

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Thought I would add my new NRL jerseys here.
Wests Tigers
0CufaDE.jpg

South Sydney
bZ6hUJa.jpg

Brisbane
mR3MuzR.jpg

Canberra
eIDtHkM.jpg

As for Holden, it was GM not making right hand drive vehicles anymore. It has also alot to do with GM selling Opel. The Commodore and Astra were made by Opel and they were cut from the brand before Monday's decision was made. GM selling Opel was a big step out of the right hand drive (RHD) market for GM. It would have been better if GM sold Holden with Opel, they were selling there cars. The below picture shows what cars Holden has sold of Opel recently.

Sc6HOXS.jpg

These are just three of the many models sold by Holden. The previous model Barina was from Europe until the recent model, there was the Calibra, and the Combo. Holden should be selling Opel cars to Australia and not be a forgotten brand owned by GM which doesn't make RHD vehicles.

WackoJacko2456

Bronxnation
Jan 21, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Thought I would add my new NRL jerseys here.
Wests Tigers
0CufaDE.jpg

South Sydney
bZ6hUJa.jpg

Brisbane
mR3MuzR.jpg

Canberra
eIDtHkM.jpg

As for Holden, it was GM not making right hand drive vehicles anymore. It has also alot to do with GM selling Opel. The Commodore and Astra were made by Opel and they were cut from the brand before Monday's decision was made. GM selling Opel was a big step out of the right hand drive (RHD) market for GM. It would have been better if GM sold Holden with Opel, they were selling there cars. The below picture shows what cars Holden has sold of Opel recently.

Sc6HOXS.jpg

These are just three of the many models sold by Holden. The previous model Barina was from Europe until the recent model, there was the Calibra, and the Combo. Holden should be selling Opel cars to Australia and not be a forgotten brand owned by GM which doesn't make RHD vehicles.

Nice designs!

WackoJacko2456

Bronxnation
Jan 21, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Storm are playing warriors in a trial at the moment and they are wearing what looks to be their 2020 away jersey!
IMG_2480.JPG

The Corner Post

The NRL Jersey Person
Jan 28, 2020
Ferny Hills, Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Storm are wearing their 2018-19 away jersey minus the sponsor for their clash against the warriors. Will this be their official 2020 away jersey? I personally don't think so because none of the major jersey shops are selling it. Storm shop aren't either.

WackoJacko2456

Bronxnation
Jan 21, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The Storm are wearing their 2018-19 away jersey minus the sponsor for their clash against the warriors. Will this be their official 2020 away jersey? I personally don't think so because none of the major jersey shops are selling it. Storm shop aren't either.

Well if you look closely you’ll notice that on the storm’s 2019 away jersey the nrl logo is dark blue but on their jersey that they are wearing in this trial it’s white. So would it really make sense just to have a jersey for 1 or 2 games in a season and not use it again?
IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG

Last edited:

WackoJacko2456

Bronxnation
Jan 21, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep that’s the storm's away jersey for 2020. The colour of the Telstra Premiership logo has changed, the ISC logo on the shoulder has changed orientation and the back of collar design is now the alternate S logo (instead of @storm) - in line with the home and Nines jersey. Also, the guy who designed the new home jersey said the away was staying the same.

Like last year, the club likely won’t be selling a home or away jersey at retail until there is a sponsor. Last year’s jerseys weren’t available until May.

WackoJacko2456

Bronxnation
Jan 21, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bulldogs are wearing their 2020 training jerseys rebadged with the NRL logo for their trial against the sharks in Port Moresby today! It'll also be interesting to see what jerseys the other teams wear today especially the sharks and dragons as they haven't released their away jerseys yet!

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
0CufaDE.jpg

Nice designs!
The West Tigers jersey I designed reestablished the double sized second V from the Western Suburbs jersey which was kept there for luck. Why remove something if it has been lucky. With the West Tigers not using orange as their main colour it allowed for a more traditional rugby league design jersey. The orange made the club look like it was Balmain under another name and not a merged team. The Black jerseys where used by Western Suburbs at home and Balmain away, so both teams are represented by the one colour being on the jersey.

sjohnson

Rory Lobbster
Mar 9, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle

The Corner Post

The NRL Jersey Person
Jan 28, 2020
Ferny Hills, Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey guys check out my jersey blog! It's the most up-to-date thing on 2020 NRL jerseys in the whole of Australia! So check it out! I will keep you updated across the whole 2020 season! Tell me if you find anything fishy. You can choose what teams to view on the right hand side.

Last edited:
Back