Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the QLD jerseys tonight, the three stripes on the front is classy and looks fantastic, and the name and number font are great.

Not sure of the NSW jerseys though, I swear they've had the same design and font for about 10 years now

Love the QLD jerseys tonight, the three stripes on the front is classy and looks fantastic, and the name and number font are great.
Took them some time to go back to their roots.
Not sure of the NSW jerseys though, I swear they've had the same design and font for about 10 years now
This NSW strip has been on of their best for a while. They've also chopped and changed these last 10 years with white piping and paneling.

This NSW strip has been on of their best for a while. They've also chopped and changed these last 10 years with white piping and paneling.

Looking at it on screen some more it actually isn't too bad, the Brydens logo on the front takes away from the design a little. But then like all NRL jumpers, the huge logos on the front become a part of the design more than they are just a sponsor

May 9, 2011
VIC
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
San Francisco Giants
Almost looks like a FrasDav job...
Nah, he goes a bit more subtle with European sports..
108AD914-EE37-40C9-9B61-1EE20DBF08F1.png

Jul 27, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood AdelaideUtd
How do these types of jerseys continue to get through the entire review process time and time again? Surely there's at least one person at a club who thinks they're a bit contrived?

No, they probably don’t think much beyond: “this is a chance to shift a jersey or two and make a bit of coin.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
One of the Eels players has "Big D" printed onto his jersey beneath the Eels logo. Have no idea why. Meanwhile the Broncos Stay Kind socks are teal/aqua

EDIT: I've spotted several other players with "Big D" beneath the club logo on their jerseys, it's likely in relation to the Stay Kind themed game
20190615_193539.jpg

Last edited:

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, they probably don’t think much beyond: “this is a chance to shift a jersey or two and make a bit of coin.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're making no money off them. They are doing a very limited run of a few sizes, and auctioning off the player worn jerseys for charity

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
One of the Eels players has "Big D" printed onto his jersey beneath the Eels logo. Have no idea why. Meanwhile the Broncos Stay Kind socks are teal/aqua

EDIT: I've spotted several other players with "Big D" beneath the club logo on their jerseys, it's likely in relation to the Stay Kind themed game
View attachment 692828
Subtle brag.

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many

View attachment 692828
In memory of deceased clubman Denis Anderson, affectionately known as "Big D" - known for his call of "Parra's in the tunnel". He passed a few weeks ago: https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2019/05/22/vale-denis-big-d-anderson/

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
They look like the Fremantle Dockers in that jersey, the navy Canterbury are using looks like the purple ISC use for Freo from a distance

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
I do remember reading a Facebook post a few months ago saying that NSW have worn primarily navy blue strips in the past, in 1946 for example they wore a navy blue jersey with a gold V

Remove this Banner Ad

Back