Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

The Corner Post

The NRL Jersey Person
Jan 28, 2020
Ferny Hills, Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Eels Home, Away and Alternate jerseys. These jerseys have been added to my 2021 NRL Jerseys blog.

20210215_160440.jpg
20210215_160425.jpg
20210215_160453.jpg

Last edited:

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
That white band with the black logo on Parra's home always does my head in. I reckon they could use that band from the away in it's position, Full blue down to the hoops with a white ad logo

Last edited:

GasometerCourage

Senior List
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So close but so far with this suite of jerseys. The home is disappointing – they had a chance to do something about the sidepanels and the sponsor logo, but they didn't. It's hard to know what they were trying to do with the away strip, but they've ended up with something that looks like the old Gold Coast United from the A-League. And the alternate is a dog's breakfast that looks like someone trying to recreate the 2016 preseason strip from memory. Collars are all over the shop. I'm scared to see what shorts we'll wear them with all…

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
So close but so far with this suite of jerseys. The home is disappointing – they had a chance to do something about the sidepanels and the sponsor logo, but they didn't. It's hard to know what they were trying to do with the away strip, but they've ended up with something that looks like the old Gold Coast United from the A-League. And the alternate is a dog's breakfast that looks like someone trying to recreate the 2016 preseason strip from memory. Collars are all over the shop. I'm scared to see what shorts we'll wear them with all…
Macron didn't pay attention in 2010/11(?) when everyone berated the Eels for introducing a white alternate. Looked shite then, looks shite now. The club literally has 2 colours and that's all they really need.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
A few more things from Parra's range, first a couple of training tees
1613439348319.png

1613439364255.png

1613439394304.png

1613439411424.png

Warm up tee
1613439433312.png

1613439452724.png

Getting real Adidas 2009-10 vibes from the back of the home jersey
1613439498184.png

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I don’t get why the Reds don’t wear Red. I also don’t get why the force don’t play in black and yellow as the Brumbies Waratahs and Rebels wear blue. The kits are a mess and it’s worse in NZ
Reds have moved to more of a maroon becasue they want to represent Queensland and I believe it is the traditional colour of the Queensland Rugby. Force have always worn a blue kit, so tradition. The brumbies mainly wear the white with a navy saddle/yoke design). Rebels and Tahs are wearing there respective blues as it represents the colours of their respective states. I wouldnt really say that either rugby nations kits are a mess. The australian sides are very consistent (apart from the reds moving to a darker red in 2018 courtesy of zoo (had been the brighter red with blk/kooga). The problem with the kiwi kits are more that they are all made by adidas and have used similar design features across all the clubs, which is very common when you have a whole of league supplier.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reds have moved to more of a maroon becasue they want to represent Queensland and I believe it is the traditional colour of the Queensland Rugby. Force have always worn a blue kit, so tradition. The brumbies mainly wear the white with a navy saddle/yoke design). Rebels and Tahs are wearing there respective blues as it represents the colours of their respective states. I wouldnt really say that either rugby nations kits are a mess. The australian sides are very consistent (apart from the reds moving to a darker red in 2018 courtesy of zoo (had been the brighter red with blk/kooga). The problem with the kiwi kits are more that they are all made by adidas and have used similar design features across all the clubs, which is very common when you have a whole of league supplier.
Last year the Canes played in a blue away strip in Auckland against the Blues it was horrid

Found the reason, the Northern Rugby Union as it was then chose red as their colours. In 1884 they changed to maroon as Queen Victoria was pictured in maroon robes and the then Queensland Rugby Union changed the colours to reflect that

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Last year the Canes played in a blue away strip in Auckland against the Blues it was horrid

Found the reason, the Northern Rugby Union as it was then chose red as their colours. In 1884 they changed to maroon as Queen Victoria was pictured in maroon robes and the then Queensland Rugby Union changed the colours to reflect that
Yeah, the alternate kits for the kiwis was horrible last year. They are better this year, but are still not the best.

Interesting information about the colour.

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don’t get why the Reds don’t wear Red. I also don’t get why the force don’t play in black and yellow as the Brumbies Waratahs and Rebels wear blue. The kits are a mess and it’s worse in NZ

Red in rugby often means dirty red. You can't spit a rat without hitting a team that uses navy or dark blue.

All in all, this is one of the best and consistent seasons Super Rugby AU has had design wise in years.

Back