Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Including the trans Tasman end of the competition it is 13 games (15 rounds) plus finals. Anzac would be in round 10, Pacifica would likely be maybe week 3 of the trans Tasman end (which is planned as a magic round)
Trans Tasman is unlikely to go ahead due to border shutdowns with NZ

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Trans Tasman is unlikely to go ahead due to border shutdowns with NZ
Nsw has opened up to nz (with people who have been in Auckland in the last 2 weeks needing to test and quarantine till a negative result). Not sure about everyone else.

The 3 themed rounds would be something that was planned in the case of the 15 round tournament. I guess we will have to wait and see what the decision is regarding the trans Tasman rounds.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nsw has opened up to nz (with people who have been in Auckland in the last 2 weeks needing to test and quarantine till a negative result). Not sure about everyone else.

The 3 themed rounds would be something that was planned in the case of the 15 round tournament. I guess we will have to wait and see what the decision is regarding the trans Tasman rounds.
I hope it all goes ahead

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
Sharks continue to roll with the sponsors, Points Bet on the sternum

IMG_1868.JPG

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Sharks continue to roll with the sponsors, Points Bet on the sternum

View attachment 1076635
It's part of the larger points bet deal from 2019.

"The deal will see PointsBet Stadium as the new home of the Sharks for the next four seasons, complimented by the PointsBet logo on the sternum of the Sharks jersey. The newly pressed jersey made an appearance for the first-time in their round three win over the Cowboys."

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's part of the larger points bet deal from 2019.

"The deal will see PointsBet Stadium as the new home of the Sharks for the next four seasons, complimented by the PointsBet logo on the sternum of the Sharks jersey. The newly pressed jersey made an appearance for the first-time in their round three win over the Cowboys."

It was only fair, they were the naming sponsor for an unused stadium for 2 seasons, they should have gotten the sponsorship for free

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
It was only fair, they were the naming sponsor for an unused stadium for 2 seasons, they should have gotten the sponsorship for free
The sternum and stadium rights were announced at the same time. I'm not sure if the required closure of the stadium was known when the deal was done.

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
The sternum and stadium rights were announced at the same time. I'm not sure if the required closure of the stadium was known when the deal was done.

Sharks have been looking to renovate the ground and club for years - the stand opposite the camera was actually part of the leagues club

magic_johnson!

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 7, 2008
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Some horrible sponsor integration on a couple of those indigenous jerseys.

On the reds they’ve just applied a gradient on the artwork which is just visually jarring and goes against what the jumpers are meant to stand for. GWS and maybe some other clubs in the AFL have stood out in the past for tracing circles and lines and replicating then, as opposed to every stroke being unique, but this takes things to another level.

And then there’s the cowboys. It’s like they’ve taken a flat artwork, stretched and cropped it here and there to fit it onto a jersey template, and good enough. It’s not like the Toyota logo can’t be integrated as it’s been done successfully on adelaide’s design every year. It’s just lazy.

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

On the reds they’ve just applied a gradient on the artwork which is just visually jarring and goes against what the jumpers are meant to stand for. GWS and maybe some other clubs in the AFL have stood out in the past for tracing circles and lines and replicating then, as opposed to every stroke being unique, but this takes things to another level.

And then there’s the cowboys. It’s like they’ve taken a flat artwork, stretched and cropped it here and there to fit it onto a jersey template, and good enough. It’s not like the Toyota logo can’t be integrated as it’s been done successfully on adelaide’s design every year. It’s just lazy.
Ironic that Rio Tinto just dumped on board as a reds sponsor first time I noticed them on the jersey was indigenous round

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Ironic that Rio Tinto just dumped on board as a reds sponsor first time I noticed them on the jersey was indigenous round
Could be a special indigestion round sponsor (st George was still on the sleeve of the run on/training kit)

The Corner Post

The NRL Jersey Person
Jan 28, 2020
Ferny Hills, Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Obviously these are China fakes, however some of these designs I have no recollection of seeing last year

These have obviously been made to provide each club with an anzac jersey, and barring eels, roosters and storm, who did wear their jerseys shown, these designs were not worn last year. Strangely, the cowboys did have an anzac jersey last year, but they have created a new design entirely instead of going with their actual 2020 anzac jersey.

Lucev23

Josh Kennedy is My Dad
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

I worked on both of those jerseys. Unfortunately when it comes to indigenous jerseys, a lot of the time we're at the behest of the artist/artwork provided. The only control I have is trying to ensure the integrity is kept when the art gets turned into vector artwork. The Reds artwork that was provided to us was incredibly simplistic so all parties were happy with the final product, given that fact. In regards to the Cowboys, there was certainly no stretching of the artwork and Toyota are incredibly particular when it comes to protecting the area around their logo.

Last edited:

The Corner Post

The NRL Jersey Person
Jan 28, 2020
Ferny Hills, Qld
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Broncos away looks really good except for the V created by the maroon lines and the stupid little maroon bit below the collar. Interestingly the fox sports scoreboard has yellow for the broncos as their main colour.

Back