Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
There will be multiple clubs changing logos.

Is one of the changes (the one I was talking about) a team just removing elements of their current logo to feature a simplified version of the design (which the NRL may already use on their websites and publications) with what may be very basic or plain text of the team name underneath, instead of the current text being part of the design?

If so, I personally believe the look of the logo on the jersey is a downgrade (especially the text), though most people who have little interest may not care.

My source of this possible change was that I may have gotten a glimpse earlier in the year when a person who works for the club was showing others a jersey design on their phone but the logo on the jersey was different to the current design. They either didn't know, or didn't care I was sitting in the row behind them and could clearly see what they were looking at (even for just the short time that I got).

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I am fine with the idea of having the indigenous designs on the Wallabies numbers, but two weeks with two different colour variations and neither have worked.

Last week the lighter green made the design too light and looked wrong with the darker green of the kits.

australian-players-celebrate-after-quade-coopers-winning-penalty-kick-picture-id1235208269

The numbers this week are nearly impossible to read as they have replaced the darker of the two greens with yellow.

len-ikitau-of-the-wallabies-celebrates-after-scoring-a-try-during-the-picture-id1341049668

Just make the base number colour dark green, and the artwork a slightly lighter.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
I am fine with the idea of having the indigenous designs on the Wallabies numbers, but two weeks with two different colour variations and neither have worked.

Last week the lighter green made the design too light and looked wrong with the darker green of the kits.

australian-players-celebrate-after-quade-coopers-winning-penalty-kick-picture-id1235208269

The numbers this week are nearly impossible to read as they have replaced the darker of the two greens with yellow.

len-ikitau-of-the-wallabies-celebrates-after-scoring-a-try-during-the-picture-id1341049668

Just make the base number colour dark green, and the artwork a slightly lighter.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Another slap in the face to the Magpies.

Like royboy said, how?

The magpie is on the sleeves (and will always be). The club is majority owned by Wests Ashfield (the Magpies leagues club). There is no slap in the face there. It is just a poor change to the current logo.

From my perspective as a fan, I think if the club wants an updated logo, they need to redesign it completely. This probable edit is just lazy, and looks like a corporate logo change for the sake of it.

Back