Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

GasometerCourage

Senior List
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Like royboy said, how?

The magpie is on the sleeves (and will always be). The club is majority owned by Wests Ashfield (the Magpies leagues club). There is no slap in the face there. It is just a poor change to the current logo.

From my perspective as a fan, I think if the club wants an updated logo, they need to redesign it completely. This probable edit is just lazy, and looks like a corporate logo change for the sake of it.
Give the people what they want…
Wests_Magpies.jpg

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Ridiculous to have two teams in black shorts, but both rugby codes have always been sh*t at preventing clashes.

Are the Bunnies that protective over black side panels and shorts?! The white looks way cooler imo anyway.

Oh there is a reason for it, and you don't want to argue it too much.

since its return to the NRL, Souths have openly celebrated its place in Black Australia. In 2009 the club replaced the traditional running white Rabbit emblem with a black one for home games

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...ith-aboriginal-australia-20141003-10pq8e.html

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Ridiculous to have two teams in black shorts, but both rugby codes have always been sh*t at preventing clashes.

Are the Bunnies that protective over black side panels and shorts?! The white looks way cooler imo anyway.
This is a horrible match up on TV. I can only imagine what its like in the stands. I suppose the saving grace is the lack of 360° movement in rugby.

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
We should have been in our away kit. Would have been our first Grand Final in it. Wonder if it was due to sponsorship reasons but we have switched panels for certain games this season and earlier years.

Zer0

Team Captain
May 16, 2019
NSW/ACT
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like it, but always wished they'd put a hidden WS or at least a W in the white part of the mane

IMG_2295.JPG

Last edited:

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many
Back