Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Incoming announcement of the Brisbane Dolphins
ISTG if they are called the. just the ‘Brisbane Dolphins’ imma cry, they should either leave the name as Redcliffe or Moreton Bay Dolphins or Sunshine Coast Dolphins of they want to be based there

ISTG if they are called the. just the ‘Brisbane Dolphins’ imma cry, they should either leave the name as Redcliffe or Moreton Bay Dolphins or Sunshine Coast Dolphins of they want to be based there
They will still be playing at suncorp. But probably based at Redcliffe.

But the Dolphins are basically locked in. Have massive money already in the bank and a lot of power within the game.

Well not officially official, but the (Not Redcliffe) Dolphins are the pick.

BREAKING: Redcliffe Dolphins revealed as ‘preferred candidate’ for 17th NRL team

Only 17 years after the last time a (Not Redcliffe, but they were nearly involved legally) Dolphins tried to get into the league.

So the speculation can now begin on the new Location Name (will not be Redcliffe), Logo, and Kits can begin.

Well not officially official, but the (Not Redcliffe) Dolphins are the pick.

BREAKING: Redcliffe Dolphins revealed as ‘preferred candidate’ for 17th NRL team

Only 17 years after the last time a (Not Redcliffe, but they were nearly involved legally) Dolphins tried to get into the league.

So the speculation can now begin on the new Location Name (will not be Redcliffe), Logo, and Kits can begin.

100% will be Brisbane Dolphins.

Dunno about jerseys, most of their modern designs are very close to Dragons.

Maybe predominately grey/charcoal with red highlights.

Would love a orange/blue team in the comp

They would probably be an inverted version of the Dragons, during clashes they would wear their home kits against eachother

Allegedly they will put the name and colour to the fans, but we will wait and see.

However on 9 news here in Sydney tonight (not sure about other markets) there was a story about the bid and that the others are still fighting to stay in the picture. However during the story the boss of the bid was interviewed and had this logo on his suit jacket

1634032643828.png

This isn't any logo currently related to Redcliffe that I know of. Looks like they are a fair way along in their branding for a team still "under consideration".

This isn't any logo currently related to Redcliffe that I know of. Looks like they are a fair way along in their branding for a team still "under consideration".
Worst case if they somehow weren't picked I could see Redcliffe just using the logo for themselves in the comp they're currently in.

Here's one of the best I've seen for Redcliffe's entry.

I don't see them going with River City, Brisbane is a possibility, as is North Brisbane, but they keep saying that they want to represent the North of Brisbane, Moreton Bay, and the Sunshine Coast, so I can see the name being a little more generic to represent more people.

But this is the NRL and they want a second Brisbane team, so of course that will likely win out.

But this is the NRL and they want a second Brisbane team, so of course that will likely win out.
You would hope that stubbornness could still learn from other leagues that second teams need a strong point of distinction in their brand. Freo, Port, the Western Sydneys, etc.

You would hope that stubbornness could still learn from other leagues that second teams need a strong point of distinction in their brand. Freo, Port, the Western Sydneys, etc.

Well they keep saying that they want to represent the region to the north of Brisbane, so one can hope that they follow through with that. But I am sure that no consultation will actually matter, and the name and colours are already chosen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

River city sounds sh*t, call them North Brisbane or Moreton Bay
Moreton Bay doesn't really roll off the tongue though, and they also want to appeal to a larger population base within Brisbane too. It sucks, but I think River City is the most unique identity they can be without being just Brisbane again.

Panthers are the home team, Rabbitohs should be in white shorts. Amateur stuff.

Actually South's are the home team as they got the week off and Penrith went to through the semi's, so it was actually the Panthers who needed to play in Pink.

Doesn't work like that in the NRL.

The Panthers were the home team as they finished higher during the regular season.
That sorta sucked to be honest - how can you say Penrith should have had the "home advantage" in the Grand Final when Souths beat them? Not that it would have made any real difference - the only other thing is Souths technically won the "2nd Preliminary Final" (which was played first) so that could have also played into it. I had a look into the only copy of the NRL Operations Manual that I could find (from 2012 when the concussion protocols ended up in a Four Corners investigation) and that manual had no set way of determining "home" sides in neutral finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back