Discussion Rugby League/Union Kits discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't work like that in the NRL.

The Panthers were the home team as they finished higher during the regular season.

So why did Melbourne wear white in 2008?

A couple of notes from me in regards to the last few points raised.

- We've extensively wash tested the silicone badges and had no issues. The NRL were very strong on that from the start and we're all happy with all the results. (NRL absolutely love the badges as well).

- In my opinion, when you compare them side by side the silicone badges are so much better and it's not even close. In particular, teams like Manly who's logo can be quite a pain to embroider well (especially in ladies and junior sizes).

- These will be for home and away jerseys only at this stage (no special jerseys). We've also had teams that loved them so much that they'll be appearing on other items throughout the range too.

I'd certainly recommend checking them out in-store before hating on them too much. In my opinion, I can't see why the replica jerseys can't have sublimated logos like the players jerseys but if they NRL are going to insist on a special application then I think these badges are a huge improvement on embroidery.

A couple of notes from me in regards to the last few points raised.

- We've extensively wash tested the silicone badges and had no issues. The NRL were very strong on that from the start and we're all happy with all the results. (NRL absolutely love the badges as well).

- In my opinion, when you compare them side by side the silicone badges are so much better and it's not even close. In particular, teams like Manly who's logo can be quite a pain to embroider well (especially in ladies and junior sizes).

- These will be for home and away jerseys only at this stage (no special jerseys). We've also had teams that loved them so much that they'll be appearing on other items throughout the range too.

I'd certainly recommend checking them out in-store before hating on them too much. In my opinion, I can't see why the replica jerseys can't have sublimated logos like the players jerseys but if they NRL are going to insist on a special application then I think these badges are a huge improvement on embroidery.

Fair enough, but I think I am always going to be in the embroider or sublimate camp. As much as a stuck on badge can look good, the longevity of them is always going to come into question. If I buy a jersey I want the whole thing to last for as long as the actual jersey will last, stuck on elements generally cannot last as long as the jersey can and eventually you are going to have a jersey without the badge.

I know this probably doesn't ever come into the thoughts of the majority of people, but for someone who has jerseys that are 20+ years old that are still wearable without any loss of the design, these silicone glued on ones always turn me off from them as other designs that I have had have started to peel or crack after just a year or two.

I also know detail can be lost in an embroidered design, but I also think that it adds extra elements to the logo as it gives it texture that silicone or sublimation can never do (I think the embroidered Titans logo above just looks better than the silicone one as it has more texture and body to the design, compared to the flat looking silicone). Just look at what the NHL is doing this year, they have gone back to fully embroidered logos and even though the logos on the chest are larger and can't be used to compare with what the NRL do, the shoulder patches just pop compared to the previous single layered logos. Add to this the simplification of teams logos in the NRL, and it makes embroidery much easier on these new logos.

Fair enough, but I think I am always going to be in the embroider or sublimate camp. As much as a stuck on badge can look good, the longevity of them is always going to come into question. If I buy a jersey I want the whole thing to last for as long as the actual jersey will last, stuck on elements generally cannot last as long as the jersey can and eventually you are going to have a jersey without the badge.

I know this probably doesn't ever come into the thoughts of the majority of people, but for someone who has jerseys that are 20+ years old that are still wearable without any loss of the design, these silicone glued on ones always turn me off from them as other designs that I have had have started to peel or crack after just a year or two.

I also know detail can be lost in an embroidered design, but I also think that it adds extra elements to the logo as it gives it texture that silicone or sublimation can never do (I think the embroidered Titans logo above just looks better than the silicone one as it has more texture and body to the design, compared to the flat looking silicone). Just look at what the NHL is doing this year, they have gone back to fully embroidered logos and even though the logos on the chest are larger and can't be used to compare with what the NRL do, the shoulder patches just pop compared to the previous single layered logos. Add to this the simplification of teams logos in the NRL, and it makes embroidery much easier on these new logos.
Certainly respect your thoughts and opinion. Will be interesting to see whether you're in the majority, I guess we'll find out going into next year!

I actually dig the texture of the silicon badge against the woven base that it sits on. I found the full silicone looked a little tacky where the woven silicone combination was great. Everybody is going to have their differing opinions though.

Unfortunately the sublimation isn't an option as I feel like that makes the most sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly respect your thoughts and opinion. Will be interesting to see whether you're in the majority, I guess we'll find out going into next year!

I actually dig the texture of the silicon badge against the woven base that it sits on. I found the full silicone looked a little tacky where the woven silicone combination was great. Everybody is going to have their differing opinions though.

Unfortunately the sublimation isn't an option as I feel like that makes the most sense.

Probably won't be in the majority, most casual fans won't care.

I get there is texture to the silicone and why Dynasty went with it, but the whole sticking things on to jerseys just feels cheap (even though it isn't) or done for jerseys that will only get a few runs before it is never used again (like what is done in football) when fans may wear the jersey for hundreds of wears. That is why I never buy "authentic" Arsenal kits as everything is stuck on rather than embroidered or sewn on. Paying more for something that feels like it is temporary just doesn't sit right with me, and even though the Titans kits will not be more expensive it still makes the whole thing feel cheap. The Wallabies and Waratahs have also suffered from this with their recent kits and the rubber logos.

I kind of get why they don't do sublimation for retails (in the majority of cases, some specialty kits seem to have it) as it makes it a point of difference to the on field kits. But wouldn't it be more cost effective for the manufacturer to do it and have the grip material and cut the point of difference between on field and replicas. Typical NRL though, cant let the fans have the easiest option.

Apparently the first look at what might end up being the Dolphins jersey.

Throws back to the Redcliffe heritage, despite the team not being the same team as Redcliffe 🤦‍♂️ .

Stupid name, bland logo, s**t jersey.

This club is tasked with convincing young kids to support them instead of the Brisbane Broncos, they're off to a pissweak start.

Stupid name, bland logo, sh*t jersey.

This club is tasked with convincing young kids to support them instead of the Brisbane Broncos, they're off to a pissweak start.

Yep doing so well with their whole launch, I completely agree with the name and logo. I Don't mind the jersey, but I also understand the heritage of it (mostly because I was researching their kit history to possibly put together a concept design).

Kids and new fans won't unless they were brought up in a Redcliffe Dolphins household.

NRL doing it's best to ruin expansion. But not surprised in the least.

Interesting. I reckon there's been a bit of last-minute revision with the sponsorship here. That's similar to the new nib logo colouring, but it's the old font

ApiYRKa.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back