RLWC '22 Rugby League World Cup 2022

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What an incredible achievement, making a world cup semi-final. Australia have been tested on the world stage and have risen to the top.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
What an incredible achievement, making a world cup semi-final. Australia have been tested on the world stage and have risen to the top.

Yes, a great achievement and fairly predictable too. A game against either New Zealand or Fiji awaits. England v Tonga or Samoa will be something else again in the other semi.

Hope you're enjoying the games.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Goal kicking has been fairly poor, even from usually excellent kickers. Same ball, I wonder why?

Soild display from England, beat PNG much more easily than I expected; all over by half-time. But England's next game, against the winner of Samoa and tonga, should be a belter.

I see the overrated Tonga are already gone, what a shock. Have no backs, therefore no points.

Australia are on track. Bare in mind the last game half the squad was sick, they played like it too. They won't carry DCE in a semi anyway, Hunt will be back for that role (he was rested)

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
I see the overrated Tonga are already gone, what a shock. Have no backs, therefore no points.

Australia are on track. Bare in mind the last game half the squad was sick, they played like it too. They won't carry DCE in a semi anyway, Hunt will be back for that role (he was rested)
Kiwis in a semi (on the back of a pretty average display v Fiji) and then England in a Final most likely.

Hard to see how we dont win it from here if everyone plays within 10% of the best

Kiwis in a semi (on the back of a pretty average display v Fiji) and then England in a Final most likely.

Hard to see how we dont win it from here if everyone plays within 10% of the best

As expected really. As long as we break square in the forwards, Australia have better backs and finishers

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Kiwis looked pretty poor against Fiji. WIll have to improve massively on that showing to pose any threat to Australia. Very creditable effort from Fiji, though.

Tonga/Samoa was a good contest. Luai and Milford both really stood up, and Samoa the deserved winners. They'll be without Junior Paulo against England, though.

moto748

Premiership Player
Apr 19, 2010
Wigan
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wigan Warriors
Watched the first half of the Jillarros against France. They look so slick, can anyone give them a game?

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Tonga/Samoa was a good contest. Luai and Milford both really stood up, and Samoa the deserved winners. They'll be without Junior Paulo against England, though.

Must've been pretty bad to miss the biggest game in Samoan RL history.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
England should win. Probably 26-12 I think.

Not even worthy of a bin.

JWH was contact to the head he’s lucky it wasn’t NRL would have copped 2 matches at least. I hate these incidents RL needs to be serious about the game and cheap shots are not rugby league.

Back