RLWC '22 Rugby League World Cup 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Personally I just think it cheapens the international credibility when you play for multiple countries, that might just be me though, but unlike club allegiance which can change, I like picking one nation to represent. Otherwise you may eventually run into situations of this player was born in NZ, grew up in Australia, with an English father and Italian mother, and represents 4 different international RL teams. Extreme example, but not impossible.
I understand that viewpoint, I just don’t think that making it that way will actually benefit the game. If Mitch Moses gets the call up now to play for Oz he has every right to take it imo but Lebanon is better for having had him run around at the 7 for them too.

I’ll have to give the final a replayed watch. 16 month old has barely slept in two nights so a 3am alarm was never gonna fly

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I understand that viewpoint, I just don’t think that making it that way will actually benefit the game. If Mitch Moses gets the call up now to play for Oz he has every right to take it imo but Lebanon is better for having had him run around at the 7 for them too.

I’ll have to give the final a replayed watch. 16 month old has barely slept in two nights so a 3am alarm was never gonna fly
Yeh it probably still needs a few more years of growth of other teams to be fair, maybe then the eligibility can be tightened.

Next world cup (where is it?) will hopefully be even more interesting if the other nations can continue to improve and find a few more young NRL stars play for their heritage teams.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
In regards to the game, well it went as expected. Australia too good all tournament, that lineup has no weaknesses, whereas every other team has some.

Once the Aussies got out to a lead of 10+ I felt they were probably home. Samoa needed to keep it a close grind like the AUS/NZ or ENG/SAM games and then hope to land the winning blow late in the game to be any chance, but the Aussies were just too clinical.

Samoa were far from disgraced though, and they definitely had their moments.

The reversal of a 60-6 opening match loss to then beat the hosts a few weeks later 27-26 at the home of the hosts will live long in Samoan rugby league folklore I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back