Test Rugby Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 Final: England v South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

Uruguay robbed of a try by another pedantic call from the TMOs, they are ruining this tournament.

Gordon Bray nailing it "The TMOs are having too much say", they're examining things to within an inch and overruling on field calls which should be let go.
I’d say the same with high tackles. All the years I played rugby, having an arm make contact with the shoulder of a player wasn’t a cardable offence. It’s just leading to Selwood style dropping the knees.

I’d say the same with high tackles. All the years I played rugby, having an arm make contact with the shoulder of a player wasn’t a cardable offence. It’s just leading to Selwood style dropping the knees.
The head is sacrosanct these days in all sports. Cheika can moan all he likes but it won't change anything.

Tackling technique sucks. It's obvious the head is off limits and we keep getting done.
They’re not getting the head though. I reckon I could have pulled out at least 3 more yellows from that half if they were consistent. The way they call high is so soft now.

They’re not getting the head though. I reckon I could have pulled out at least 3 more yellows from that half if they were consistent. The way they call high is so soft now.
Softer than AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First Kyle Sinckler, now Tuilagi doesn't get 10?! How much is Nigel Owens on the take in this one?!

££££££££££££££££££££££££

gettyimages-1167751178-e1568383726459.jpg

¡Vamos Pumas!

Last edited:
I know they want to protect the head, but in that instance I'm just not sure how it could've been avoided. Player wasn't hurt at all, so yellow and let judiciary do the rest. Tackling in the air used to be a yellow too.

I know they want to protect the head, but in that instance I'm just not sure how it could've been avoided. Player wasn't hurt at all, so yellow and let judiciary do the rest. Tackling in the air used to be a yellow too.
Concussion mate . You cant tackle high . Players miss weeks , careers are shortened . Its the way the game is going now .

Concussion mate . You cant tackle high . Players miss weeks , careers are shortened . Its the way the game is going now .

I get that, I just didn't think it was a high tackle as such.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back