Aucklander

The Ultimate Warrior
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I know they want to protect the head, but in that instance I'm just not sure how it could've been avoided. Player wasn't hurt at all, so yellow and let judiciary do the rest. Tackling in the air used to be a yellow too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boondy

I pity the fool
Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
I know they want to protect the head, but in that instance I'm just not sure how it could've been avoided. Player wasn't hurt at all, so yellow and let judiciary do the rest. Tackling in the air used to be a yellow too.
Concussion mate . You cant tackle high . Players miss weeks , careers are shortened . Its the way the game is going now .

Aucklander

The Ultimate Warrior
May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Looked good when they put they foot down. Two more stupid sin bins though is a concern, although once again, what was the tackler meant to do?

I suspect we'll see the really good sides continue to duck their heads in tackles.

Mockcockpit

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
Went to the Wallabies v Uruguay game yesterday. Everything really well organised but the heat is going to be a big problem for the Olympics if yesterday was anything to go by. Was only 28 yesterday and medium humidity but even then it was tough moving around, waiting for buses etc. Can't imagine what it'll be like in August, whatever compelled them to have the Olympics that time of the year is beyond me.

Aussie fans were good value, cringeworthy and funny in equal measures. 33k at a 40k stadium so not bad considering it was Uruguay. Possibly overpriced, these seats were Cat B (of A-D) and were $200. All in all not bad, not bad at all.
line_1570251573138.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA Cricket, Arsenal, Perth Demons
Went to the Wallabies v Uruguay game yesterday. Everything really well organised but the heat is going to be a big problem for the Olympics if yesterday was anything to go by. Was only 28 yesterday and medium humidity but even then it was tough moving around, waiting for buses etc. Can't imagine what it'll be like in August, whatever compelled them to have the Olympics that time of the year is beyond me.

Aussie fans were good value, cringeworthy and funny in equal measures. 33k at a 40k stadium so not bad considering it was Uruguay. Possibly overpriced, these seats were Cat B (of A-D) and were $200. All in all not bad, not bad at all.
View attachment 759834
It's astounding the crowds they are getting in Japan. With the ticket-prices you've just mentioned, even for match-ups like that, I'm even more astounded.

Hats off to the Japanese.

Mockcockpit

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2011
Japan
AFL Club
Fremantle
All Black tickets at the same stadium were another 25% on that so well and truly into taking the proverbial terrirtory. To be fair though there was very little waiting around for anything, the event was way over-staffed and a can of bourbon was only $8 so I was happy with that.

GotTheGoodes

Bloods
Mar 15, 2010
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Getting a bit worried these soft yellows will effectively eliminate a side at some point... Some of them are honestly laughable.

I understand & agree with protecting the head... but I think this has gone too far. It is too pedantic an interpretation IMO.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Getting a bit worried these soft yellows will effectively eliminate a side at some point... Some of them are honestly laughable.

I understand & agree with protecting the head... but I think this has gone too far. It is too pedantic an interpretation IMO.
Would like Wales to lose tonight, so maybe they could be the first? :)

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA Cricket, Arsenal, Perth Demons
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing a plate and bowl competition at the Rugby World Cup. Especially this one in Japan. Great set of matches for Kamaishi, Kumagaya, Fukuoka and Hanazono. Or maybe double-headers at the bigger grounds.

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fox commentators teeing off at the TMO:
-Wales should've had a red
-Fiji getting an iffy yellow
-TMO thinks the RWC is about him

samFFC

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fiji seem to have come in being really careful with their passing to prevent interception tries like Wales had against Australia.
TO there but fortunately not punished.

Top Bottom