Test Rugby Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 Final: England v South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

not even listed in the site banner.
We've got live scores which link directly here.

It's listed in the not-footy links banner.

There is a live site notice for the RWC.

Can you see these?

all good. up on the banner now. wasn't having a whinge, more a joke as i'm currently in another footy mad state in south australia and no one here seems to even know it exists. trying to win a few converts and even got them to quickly change channels at half time in the richmond game. but met with friendly derision. 'isn't this played by meatheads', 'no mate, that's league you're thinking off. this game you'll be spending eternity watching, so may as well learn it now'.

all good. up on the banner now. wasn't having a whinge, more a joke as i'm currently in another footy mad state in south australia and no one here seems to even know it exists. trying to win a few converts and even got them to quickly change channels at half time in the richmond game. but met with friendly derision. 'isn't this played by meatheads', 'no mate, that's league you're thinking off. this game you'll be spending eternity watching, so may as well learn it now'.

Glad you raised the issue. We want people to say if they can't see things that way we can get the links out to the wider site.

In any case I hope you hang around during the World Cup and beyond and provide your input on the game, we certainly have a exciting few weeks ahead.

I've watched Australia win two World Cup and my favourite WC moment is still the Boks getting stuffed by the Japanese a few years back.

Any time the Tier 2 nations beat the Tier 1 nations at the World Cup such as Japan over the Boks 4 years ago (or even Wales multiple times to Pacific Island nations) is special.

Does anyone know what the go is when a guy having a conversion shot and some of t the defending team just seem to randomly run out and try to smother the kick?

At what point can they do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what the go is when a guy having a conversion shot and some of t the defending team just seem to randomly run out and try to smother the kick?

At what point can they do that?

When they start running in to have their kick. Attempting to charge down a penalty shot or conversion is allowed in Union where it is banned in League. It has been successful a few times when teams have timed it right for certain kickers

Just the one game today and it sees Wales kick off against Georgia who will be out to show why they should be part of the Six Nations. But like the team they aim to replace the result again Wales should be the same

When they start running in to have their kick. Attempting to charge down a penalty shot or conversion is allowed in Union where it is banned in League. It has been successful a few times when teams have timed it right for certain kickers
I thought it was illegal to charge down a penalty shot, while a conversion was fair game? The law states the opposing team can start to charge when the kicker approaches the ball. This however is open to interpretation as what constitutes an approach? What if a kicker stutters by dancing on the spot, or his kicking routine means his first step is backwards or sideways, does this mean he is approaching the ball?

I thought it was illegal to charge down a penalty shot, while a conversion was fair game? The law states the opposing team can start to charge when the kicker approaches the ball. This however is open to interpretation as what constitutes an approach? What if a kicker stutters by dancing on the spot, or his kicking routine means his first step is backwards or sideways, does this mean he is approaching the ball?

Yep, conversion only and I reckon you'd be fair game once you started moving.

I'm in SthAus & completely feel your pain.

Coopers Alehouse in town is a belter of a pub & rugby friendly fyi.

Cracking first round so far. Some scares (Fiji & France, wtf?! ... stop it.)

I'm heavily into the Wallabies & mighty Irish.

I think if Ireland can play their best out there then they are a genuine shot at this, they are just so up & down though.

They looked so pathetic against England coming in only to look comfortable (despite injuries) against Scotland.

The Wallabies are relying on Pocock & Hooper just ripping it up... Beale has looked great & I thought Genia was the matchwinner for us vs. Fiji.

Japan crowds have looked awesome too btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back