Test Rugby Rugby World Cup - Japan 2019 Final: England v South Africa

Remove this Banner Ad

1570362527351.png
Last batch of mid week games before the final weekend. Some real short turn arounds here but a chance for sides to blood their depth players. Wales vs Fiji looked like a good game on paper prior to the World Cup but even now that has changed.

Went to the Wallabies v Uruguay game yesterday. Everything really well organised but the heat is going to be a big problem for the Olympics if yesterday was anything to go by. Was only 28 yesterday and medium humidity but even then it was tough moving around, waiting for buses etc. Can't imagine what it'll be like in August, whatever compelled them to have the Olympics that time of the year is beyond me.

Aussie fans were good value, cringeworthy and funny in equal measures. 33k at a 40k stadium so not bad considering it was Uruguay. Possibly overpriced, these seats were Cat B (of A-D) and were $200. All in all not bad, not bad at all.
line_1570251573138.jpg

Went to the Wallabies v Uruguay game yesterday. Everything really well organised but the heat is going to be a big problem for the Olympics if yesterday was anything to go by. Was only 28 yesterday and medium humidity but even then it was tough moving around, waiting for buses etc. Can't imagine what it'll be like in August, whatever compelled them to have the Olympics that time of the year is beyond me.

Aussie fans were good value, cringeworthy and funny in equal measures. 33k at a 40k stadium so not bad considering it was Uruguay. Possibly overpriced, these seats were Cat B (of A-D) and were $200. All in all not bad, not bad at all.
View attachment 759834
It's astounding the crowds they are getting in Japan. With the ticket-prices you've just mentioned, even for match-ups like that, I'm even more astounded.

Hats off to the Japanese.

All Black tickets at the same stadium were another 25% on that so well and truly into taking the proverbial terrirtory. To be fair though there was very little waiting around for anything, the event was way over-staffed and a can of bourbon was only $8 so I was happy with that.

Getting a bit worried these soft yellows will effectively eliminate a side at some point... Some of them are honestly laughable.

I understand & agree with protecting the head... but I think this has gone too far. It is too pedantic an interpretation IMO.

Would like Wales to lose tonight, so maybe they could be the first? :)

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing a plate and bowl competition at the Rugby World Cup. Especially this one in Japan. Great set of matches for Kamaishi, Kumagaya, Fukuoka and Hanazono. Or maybe double-headers at the bigger grounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back