Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
I'm gonna post some rugby jerseys. This will primarily be a Super Rugby portfolio, plus some national teams (mainly the big ones), a few other club/franchise teams I can be bothered with (ie. Stade Francais) and perhaps a few franchises of my own creation. I will not be doing league or sevens.

Gonna open with three teams; Brumbies, Blues and Sharks. To minimise my own workload, all SR franchises will share a template/supplier with their relevant national team.

Blues.png

Bringing the Blues back to a predominantly royal blue home getup with some navy and light blue splashes. Nothing too complex and should still be noticeable on the field without being in your face. The away is two tone black with the Auckland skyline and Harbour Bridge under the shoulders.

Brumbies.png

I expanded the traditional Brumbies stripes, brought back the metallic gold from a few years ago, can't remember what season exactly and eliminated the white. The away is three shades of yellow on some triangular and diamond shapes.

Sharks.png

Black, white and *loads of sponsors. League isn't big in Sith Ifrica so I went for a chevron pattern on both jerseys. The away has images of a shark (duh) and the Durban foreshore.

More to follow eventually.

Crusaders.png

The 9x champions keep their traditional red and black of Canterbury region and the design I came up with is based on the rose window that was destroyed along with most of the cathedral when the earthquake ****ed up Christchurch a few years ago.

The away jersey is black with a dark grey weave pattern. Weave because I really liked their chain mail jerseys of 2015 and wanted something like that but not that. Also I suppose you could create mail armour from weaving leather like that (?)

Stormers2.png

Ons gaan Kaapstad toe vir 'n ander inskrywing. Hierdie kak sal my ouderdomme neem om te voltooi. Yeah I don't speak afrikaans. Stormers keep a variation of the Western Province blue and white hoops and I liked the look of the red trim. Their away jerseys tend to be black and red but having just done a black and red team, I gave them two tone purple and lightning bolts. My inspiration for the away colours came from a very unlikely source for a rugby kit. Lekker.

How about Wanneroo Roo Dogs? :D
Does the scoreboard at Kingsway still say 'Roodog's'? big time smh when I saw that.

Last edited:
View attachment 583640

Ons gaan Kaapstad toe vir 'n ander inskrywing. Hierdie kak sal my ouderdomme neem om te voltooi. Yeah I don't speak afrikaans. Stormers keep a variation of the Western Province blue and white hoops and I liked the look of the red trim. Their away jerseys tend to be black and red but having just done a black and red team, I gave them two tone purple and lightning bolts. My inspiration for the away colours came from a very unlikely source for a rugby kit. Lekker.

Does the scoreboard at Kingsway still say 'Roodog's'? big time smh when I saw that.

We go to Cape Town for a subscription?!? This s**t will take ages on vooltoi?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We go to Cape Town for another entry. This s**t will take ages to complete
google translate spat it at me.

Moving on to some of the s**t teams now.

Rebels.png

I took advantage of the fact that that they don't have a major sponsor to give them some traditional rugby hoops as seen on the '15 jersey but on a navy base this time, and make the line of stars their jerseys always seem to have, much bigger.

The away design was a total accident. I created a V-shape to make a big V jersey but accidentally applied the wrong warp. The result was something I still liked (even more than the V) so I stretched it out, added the logos (and some white behind them for clarity) and, well, here we are.

The away design was a total accident. I created a V-shape to make a big V jersey but accidentally applied the wrong warp. The result was something I still liked (even more than the V) so I stretched it out, added the logos (and some white behind them for clarity) and, well, here we are.
There's a cool American flag thing happening there: an idea worth keeping in your kit bag for the future :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually yeah, you could send that Rebels kit off the USA Rugby Union, worth a try?

(Wonderful use of puns there)

Last edited:
google translate spat it at me.

Moving on to some of the s**t teams now.

View attachment 585586

I took advantage of the fact that that they don't have a major sponsor to give them some traditional rugby hoops as seen on the '15 jersey but on a navy base this time, and make the line of stars their jerseys always seem to have, much bigger.

that away design element is farkin' mint, cobbah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back