MRP / Trib. Umpiring, MRO, Tribunal, Rule Changes - 50m penalties for raising arms?

Remove this Banner Ad

The issue i have the MRP is you get more if a players is knocked out in whatever the report is for. People are different and players can differ as to what force knocks them out. So basically you have to know how easy it is to knock a player out before you tackle them.
Yep, said elsewhere some guys have glasskaws. Where as some are ell almost built of stone.

I think the other issue is staging too, not in was he hit to wasn't he. More, I think if Davis didn't move, I think Redpath would have gotten away with a fine at most.

Someone put side by side footage of Luke Parkers push and shove elbow to the jaw from earlier this year against the Redpath decision Bags early flinched. yet I get the it get away with a dine; who knows if the same would happen this week if he did the same.

I think the other issue is mid season changes in interpretation, I think hecames unfair and too difficult and such changes should me made at seasons end/start.

The Redpath outcome is one of the worst from any AFL tribunal that I can remember. 3 weeks for that is insane. Totally unjustified.

Yep 100% agree.

Why can't we just go back a step and just make the decision based on Common sense? He shouldn't have even been reported let's be honest.

Stewart Lowe and whoever else is on that tribunal should be ashamed of themselves.
They should've had the balls to just say 'you know what? No one was injured, you could see DAVIS played it up let's chuck it out.'

They didn't because they lack common sense and are too s**t scared of their employer.

It's all utter bullshit.

It should that you don't risk an extra week if you choose to challenge the MRP decision at the tribunal - Instead introduce a bond/fine if the appeal fails.

So the fans don't want the rules changed every year and 86% of players don't either.

Stop playing with the ******* rules then you campaigners.

https://www.zerohanger.com/leave-game-alone-players-15458/

"Results from the AFL Players Association poll have been released with just under nine out of 10 players saying the game didn’t require any major changes.

The AFL have toyed with a number of ideas to reduce congestion around the ground, however, the players have responded emphatically with 86 per cent of players who completed the survey saying no changed was needed."

I don't like Port but **** you Shuey you ducking soft piece of s**t!
I feel cheated that the game was decided by a Shuey duck...must be devastating to be a Port supporter - almost easier to lose like we did where the game was decided in the 2nd Quarter.

I feel cheated that the game was decided by a Shuey duck...must be devastating to be a Port supporter - almost easier to lose like we did where the game was decided in the 2nd Quarter.
Can just imagine what our supporters would be like if the shoe was on the other foot. If it was our home game I'd fear for the umps and Shueys safety haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Uppercutting someone's arm into your own head should not be a free kick. The initial contact was at chest height and was forced high by Shuey himself.

In many ways it's an ideal scenario. Port lose in acrimonious and hilarious circumstances and it hopefully shines a major light on something that's been a big problem for 3 or 4 years.

As you said, it was a textbook Selwood 'collar', tackle hits the arm, arm goes up and pins the tackler's arm in the crook of his neck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back