AFLW Rule changes to increase scoring

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a matter of opinion.

The fact is that they have been a concern and we've had 2 years of chat about addressing it.

If that goes for the men, surely it goes for the women too.

Of course it’s a matter of opinion. The commentary about low scoring has also been a matter of opinion. Just because you use the word fact in your sentence doesn’t make it any less of an opinion.

it is my opinion that we’ve had a lot of chat about it is because we have reactionary commentators who would rather watch scores than watch games. If you accept that games should be higher scoring (I assume you think higher scoring = better games from your line of argument) it is logical for you to think that the low scoring grand finals of 2005 and 2006 were terrible games.

Of course it’s a matter of opinion.
I'm directing you to the facts.

The commentary about low scoring has also been a matter of opinion. Just because you use the word fact in your sentence doesn’t make it any less of an opinion.
The fact is that we've had these conversations about the men's game. That is not an opinion.

You can reject those concerns but they've still been aired.

Ergo, to the extent they pertain to the men's game, they must also pertain to the women's game. Perhaps more so.

I'm directing you to the facts.

The fact is that we've had these conversations about the men's game. That is not an opinion.

You can reject those concerns but they've still been aired.

Ergo, to the extent they pertain to the men's game, they must also pertain to the women's game. Perhaps more so.
We’ve had the conversation about low scoring in the men’s game because any idiot is allowed to have an opinion. That’s a fact.

People having opinions and talking about them doesn’t make them facts. I’m surprised you have fallen for that.

Back to the AFLW. I have stated that I think scoring is a problem. But not to the extent that you claim because of game lengths. I have given four reasons for this; two of which will fix themselves, one which will get worse and one that can improve if the AFL reviews the rule changes they’ve already implemented.

Leave the AFLW alone, the women’s game is going to evolve as the girls fitness, strength and skills continue to improve. Signs are there that this is already happening, teams like North Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle are playing a fast attractive style of play that is producing score that aren’t that much lower than some of the AFL teams from last season.

We’ve had the conversation about low scoring in the men’s game because any idiot is allowed to have an opinion. That’s a fact.
Regardless of your view about the merits of those concerns, if they apply to the men's code, they must also apply to the women's.

People having opinions and talking about them doesn’t make them facts. I’m surprised you have fallen for that.
I haven't suggested that.

AFLW scoring is already increasing. Year on year for the first three seasons. Round by round this season after a slow start with the addition of four new teams.

Maybe wait until there's consecutive years of decreased scoring before pretending there's a valid comparison with the current situation of the men's comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back