RULES FOR TIPPING COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

dee_girl9

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2001
don't know. Too drunk to know, too pissed to care!
Other Teams
Melbourne ...HELLO i mean how easy?
ok here r the rules

1. SUBMISSION
*Tips must be submitted but midday friday melbourne time
**late tips will not be accepted and u will be given the AWAY teams as your tips for that round (however, there will be reminders every wednesday and thursday)

2. POINT SYSTEM
*the scoring system is like this
2 points for a win
1 point for a draw
This just means that in the case of a draw u will still receive a point (i just cant be bothered with dealing with the half points etc that are normally given when there is a draw)
** If someone can successfully tip all 8 winners then u will receive 3 bonus points. this means the maxium u can get is 20 points a week (2 for each game, 1 for the margin and 3 bonus points for all 8 winners) but it will be rare if this will happen all the time.

3. FEATURE GAME
Each week u can earn two bonus points by picking the margin for the melbourne game. This doesnt mean that u have to pick the dees, but that will be the feature game every week. The margin will be like this 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-100 and 101+

4. SECRET ROUNDS
rounds 9 and 18 will be secret rounds, hence when the round is over no one the results wont be posted for those weeks. (but they will be tallied)

finally
5. RESULTS
Results will be posted on mondays, along with the list of winners and margins from the weekend with the exceptions of rds 3 and 11, due to games being played on the monday. and rd 12 where the rd is split over two weekends.

so yeah there u go. they r a bit different to usual comps but hey who really cares? (that was rhetorical please dont answer)
if u have any problems with this, please let me know ASAP so we can try and fix it.
I am also in the middle of trying to get something from the club as a prize. so stay tuned.
biggrin.gif

u only have until next sunday to register so dont forget. u can do it on this post if u want. And then a list will come up of whos in the comp

[This message has been edited by dee_girl9 (edited 18 March 2001).]

[This message has been edited by dee_girl9 (edited 19 March 2001).]

WOW! dee_girl9 have i told you what a wonderful job you are doing as a moderator???
tongue.gif

Ok well within the next day there will be an email adress set up for you to send your tips to and we will be both telly up the results to make it fair!

SO ARE U IN???

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------
Footy. It was just a sport.
But now it's also a business.
However, according to the fans it's a religion,where the people rule!

The Mighty Melbourne Demons- My passion, My obsession!

yep, i'm in!

GO DEES!!!

but just to ask, why wond round 9 and 19's results be showed?

------------------
I luv shane woewodin. and the mighty dees whether or not you like it!!!

I will be in it. Sounds good. I'm not sure if I like not being told of the ladder between Rounds 9 and 18. I always like to keep an eye on the competition!

------------------
The Melbourne Football Club: Tradition, Heritage, Excitement

i will post the table for that round, but it will be the same as last week thats all. just adds a bit of competition thats all

Darky ill have to check about people from other teams joining in. ill see how we go for numbers. Let u know soon

------------------
okay well thats my opnion, and i dont care what anyone else thinks cos its right OK !

hey guys seeing as we dont have enough melbourne people to run a proper competition its cool if u join aswell so get your friends to join (preferably people with more than 10 posts
smile.gif
)

ok well its just been brough to my attention by the gorgous dee_girl9
wink.gif
that we have set up an email account for u to post your votes (i set one earlier but we forget the password or something like that coz it doesn't work
biggrin.gif
.. yep i'm smart!)
Ok well the adress is... drum roll... pay attention: bigfooty_tips@hotmail.com

Again if u didnt get it:

bigfooty_tips@hotmail.com

ok i hope u got it by now other wise i really can't help u!

so are u in???

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------

Can I play too?

great we need more people!
smile.gif

freddy as long as i'm the moderator you are more than welcome to play!

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------

DGirl!

If you don't mind I would like to join in as well.

Just on the draw factor, I don't see the point in giving any points for a draw. If people want to they can pick the draw and get a point but I don't think this will happen often. This way at least its 1 point for correct tip and 0 for a wrong tip, 1/2 points wouldn't apply.

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

I agree. If you don't actually tip a draw, why should you get a point. Also I don't agree with receiving the Home teams if you don't put your tips in. You should be punished for that and get the away teams. Anyway that's my 2 cents worth, it's you competition and hence your decision. By the way I must applaude you girls on the job you are doing as moderators
wink.gif
. Keep it up. Go Dees.

www.demonland.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im in dee

Carn the crows!

------------------
"I came here to win, I am a winner" - Denzel Washington , Remember The Titans ; 2000

I'm definitely in. But I agree that draws should not get a point unless you tip it. What happens if you tip a draw, do you get 1 point if it isn't a draw! ;P

okay peoples, if u tip a draw and u get it, then u get two points, and if u tip a draw and its not then u get nothing. if it is a draw u get a point, end of story. if u dont like it bad luck those r the rules, im sorry if u dont like em.

------------------
okay well thats my opnion, and i dont care what anyone else thinks cos its right OK !

thanks Demonland... i would tell you that you were doing a great job on your site but i still can't load it so...
tongue.gif

Anyways its good to see a few more people in!

GO DEES!
smile.gif

------------------

okay as of the 22nd march here is the list of people in the tipping comp.

Ms Storm
Dees 01
Big Poppa Pump
Spunjy
DEES RULES
DEES*GAL
*Fred
*Darky
Demonland
*Scott
*QT

okay thats it so far, u have until sunday to register if u havent already.

The * denotes the people that barrack for other teams.

dont forget the email address for submission is
bigfooty_tips@hotmail.com

if there r any probs, then let me know ok.
biggrin.gif

------------------

Remove this Banner Ad

Back