Rumour Rumour File II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poster on the "Trade and Draft" board says that Walker is about to walk out on Carlton, looking for more game time, and the Eagles are interested.

Would he net us Mitch Brown (everyone seems to be saying we should get him, thought I don't see it) or what would we need to include to get the trade done ???

I reckon that would be an equitable trade.
Whilst it will be sad to see Walker go, he isnt going to get the best out of himself at Carlton. The wide expanses of Subi would really suit him.
I'd be sad to see him go - had some grouse form before the collarbone injury - I guess we'll have to wait and see

As big a fan of Andrew as I am I can understand and accept both his and the team's position.

We've been saying that he could and will become a great player for us in a number of positions for a few years now. At some point with all of the different setbacks, injury and otherwise, that he has had the club must decide (and I believe quietly have reached that point) that the could and will become hasn't and will not. Hopefully that answer happens before he loses any perceived value on the open market.

I do believe that a team such as the Eagles offers him the greatest opportunity to capitalize on whatever potential he does have left and that he would offer them much more than he does us.

To be brutally honest (and I'd hoped that it wouldn't reach this point with him) I don't think that he will ever amount to anything more than a fringe player for us going forward. For all of the potential that he has, for all of the moments that wow you there just is a disconnect there with him. He'll float in and out of the team like he has this season, occasionally play as though he's the best player on the ground and the next as though he doesn't deserve to play in the AFL.

For the club to improve long term we're going to have to make some hard decisions over the next twelve to eighteen months. Players such as Walker, Bret Thornton, Setanta O'hAilpin, Shaun Hampson, Sauce Jacobs and a few others will have their careers decided one way or the other.

The football club has quite a bit of marginal tradeable talent (ie. talent that can net us second or third round picks or direct swaps for other veterans or young players who can start over and break out with a second chance).

With the money that we have and our assets we could propel our club into premiership contendership or we will set it back to the point where winning a premiership with Judd is a pipe dream that will never happen.

I support the club and wish for the best.

I was out of the country for 7 weeks during the middle of the season. When I left Walker had done very well playing as a key defender (ie against Hawkins etc), and the opinion of him was generally, including on this board, very positive. What happened later on in the season that has resulted in him being dropped and everyone's opinion of him to so drastically change?

Not about the Blues but still news . Sh1t hit the fan at the Dees after the weekend . James Mcdonald not happy . Was pushed by Bailey . Dees players not happy also . Junior being chased by a few clubs . Will play at another club in 2011 ! . Word has it at a function Sun night he was going off , calling them all sorts of stuff .

Not about the Blues but still news . Sh1t hit the fan at the Dees after the weekend . James Mcdonald not happy . Was pushed by Bailey . Dees players not happy also . Junior being chased by a few clubs . Will play at another club in 2011 ! . Word has it at a function Sun night he was going off , calling them all sorts of stuff .

Who :confused:

JuniorSoprano.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James McDonald retired. You speaking of Joel McDonald?
No I'm sure he is talking about James McDonald who did retire, although he was forced to retire by the Melbourne Football club and stated he would have liked to had played on in 2011. I could see the merit in this rumour

Reckon West Coast will use Walker as a small/medium forward. If they do he'd be a great get for them. Carlton need to keep Walker. We're not in the position to be letting players like him go, regardless of the form he has been in over the past couple of months.

Walker with be around the fourth Carlton player in the brownlow. Hopefully he polls well and it drives his price up.....or he doesn't go.

Hawthorn and Collingwood both need a shutdown tagger.

Still hard to see him picked up.
At that age yes it would be hard to see him getting picked up. But for a side like Hawthorn or Collingwood who would be pushing hard for a premiership well they could use a player like him, even in his last game he showed that he still has something to offer.

He would be no use to us because the way we see it is he would take a spot in our team and that means one of our younger blokes will not be getting a go.

Not a rumour - but some talk on the Melbourne board that Jones might be deemed surplas to requirements?

I'd be keen.

First your shopping Kane Lucas on the WCE board for Mitch Brown and now you want to bring in Nathan Jones?

Trying to bring the club down from the inside or just taking the piss?

I just hope that their is no grounding to the Matt Spangher rumours again this year. Please Carlton, for the love of football please don't make it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back