Other Teams
LAKERS|STORM|BULLANTS

Dec 15, 2007
a nutshell.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LAKERS|STORM|BULLANTS
bahahhaahahahahahahhahahhahaahah (right click>view image for full size)

lalalahhalhalhaslhflhash.jpg

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
With everyone leaving the cattery, I'm not so sure that "sharing our journey" is the best slogan for them right about now.
It was reported on Fox Sports that Milburn and Rooke have been asked to retire by the club. Interesting to see what sort of team they line up with next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Wonder if this will have any ramifications for the GC/Brennan deal. Gary will reportedly receive 6 million over the next two years, so assuming 3 million next year, $600K+ for Bock, from memory Richitelli, Brown and Harbrow are all in the $400K-$500K range. Assuming these other guys are front loaded as well to they really have the coin to offer $600K+ to Brennan? Not sure how much of Hunt's million dollar salary is being written off as promotional dollars by the AFL, but surely this is somehow linked to salary cap?

I know the remainder are kids who command very little in comparison, but surely the well dries up at some point.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
I love how a big problem with Brennan coming over here is the weather :S

If we do nab him, his ball winning ability will be very helpful and give us a even deeper list of quality rotations.

But in the end, I hope we aim for a CHB, or a well skilled HBFer and if neither of those happen...a HF

Will getting Brennan rob others (namely, Yarran) of a go in the midfield?

Kramer1

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
I love how a big problem with Brennan coming over here is the weather :S

If we do nab him, his ball winning ability will be very helpful and give us a even deeper list of quality rotations.

But in the end, I hope we aim for a CHB, or a well skilled HBFer and if neither of those happen...a HF

Will getting Brennan rob others (namely, Yarran) of a go in the midfield?

If we get Brennan I assume he would settle at CHB. He has in the past to good effect, just Brisbane need him more top prop up their stodgy midfield.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
If we get Brennan I assume he would settle at CHB. He has in the past to good effect, just Brisbane need him more top prop up their stodgy midfield.

Make of it what you will but recall in the AFL Q&A on their site, Ratts saying he'd play more on the wing for us if a trade eventuated...Others have also made suggestions that he is too inconsistent in any other position.

Am certainly open to him coming over though.

BlueMania

Club Legend
Jan 4, 2008
Dandenong ranges
AFL Club
Carlton
Wonder if this will have any ramifications for the GC/Brennan deal. Gary will reportedly receive 6 million over the next two years, so assuming 3 million next year, $600K+ for Bock, from memory Richitelli, Brown and Harbrow are all in the $400K-$500K range. Assuming these other guys are front loaded as well to they really have the coin to offer $600K+ to Brennan? Not sure how much of Hunt's million dollar salary is being written off as promotional dollars by the AFL, but surely this is somehow linked to salary cap?

I know the remainder are kids who command very little in comparison, but surely the well dries up at some point.
I think the AFL are covering 1/2 of his salary and outside the cap as an incentive to getting NRL players to switch codes.

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Make of it what you will but recall in the AFL Q&A on their site, Ratts saying he'd play more on the wing for us if a trade eventuated...Others have also made suggestions that he is too inconsistent in any other position.

Am certainly open to him coming over though.
Why do you want Brennan?

Brennan is no more a CHB than Bower who has played on Cloke and Buddy in the past.

Carlton needs to embrace the draft and develop what we have.

We don't need to bring in more inconsistent utilities.

Say what you like about the Mclean trade, but I'd back a Mclean over a Brennan to have an impact in a final on every day of the week.

You need a Hayes, Goddard, Selwood and Judd, not a Brennan to make an impact in September.

Brennan is no Goodes.

Brennan is flakier than Mundy who has finally clicked to play consistent footy this year.

Walker and Brennan playing together would even drive Bomber Thompson or Ross Lyon to insanity.

Why do you want Brennan?

Brennan is no more a CHB than Bower who has played on Cloke and Buddy in the past.

Carlton needs to embrace the draft and develop what we have.

We don't need to bring in more inconsistent utilities.

Say what you like about the Mclean trade, but I'd back a Mclean over a Brennan to have an impact in a final on every day of the week.

You need a Hayes, Goddard, Selwood and Judd, not a Brennan to make an impact in September.

Brennan is no Goodes.

Brennan is flakier than Mundy who has finally clicked to play consistent footy this year.

Walker and Brennan playing together would even drive Bomber Thompson or Ross Lyon to insanity.

Yes :thumbsu:

Flakey :thumbsu:

WeninRome

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Aston Villa
You're gonna hate this TG... :eek:

Brennan's manager was on SEN this morning and said that his client is considering both Carlton and GC and they are his preferences and Carlton and GC and it is now up to those clubs to find a suitable deal with the Lions..

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I think having a Brennan playing on the wing /HFF would be incredible.
I think he'd be great for us there too. Definitely not KPD, but all these people who've been saying they want to see Waite on a wing would be very happy watching Brennan running around taking heaps of marks in the middle of the ground.

wavefall21

All Australian
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yankees, Knicks
You're gonna hate this TG... :eek:

Brennan's manager was on SEN this morning and said that his client is considering both Carlton and GC and they are his preferences and Carlton and GC and it is now up to those clubs to find a suitable deal with the Lions..

It will be interesting, I'm sure I read somewhere that the GC said they are not really going to be looking at trading picks for players

I would love to have Brennan, I know he's got his inconsistencies but I think he would be a really good fit for us, and has plenty of years ahead of him, Waite aside we don't really have any utility type players of his quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back