Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool Carl

Debutant
Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Post any rumours you hear here.

Michael Cassidy exploring his coaching aspirations. Won't be at Lauderdale in 2017

It'll be interesting to see where a lot of players go for next season. The AFLTas actions over the years have seen the TSL clubs struggling financially & now the AFL are ending transfer fees. Watch mainland clubs gut Tasmanian football for free.

It might be known by most but Zac Smith from Burnie will be coaching Wynyard next year and Sam Douglas from Devonport will be his assistant. Both are really good players and a big loss to their respective clubs.

Anybody heard anything about the Kingborough coaching position??
Heard that Clarence approached Adam Henley for assistant coach, Henley declined saying that Clarence and himself wouldn't be a good fit. After all he did give them a clip about the salary cap this season.

Any news. Seems very quiet
I'm sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes, maybe some clubs don't want to let too much out of the bag until they have signatures on the dotted line. The first few weeks after the season ends is the busy time for recruiting as we all know. Up our way Burnie has signed Clint Proctor for another 2 years which I think is a good thing, he has done a lot of good work in the past 2 years, especially with the other clubs in the Dockers zone. It also gives the club some stability.

Heard last night that Kingborough will announce there new coach on Monday. Hope to post it on Friday but everybody gone to ground on this issue

I still think VFL & NEAFL clubs will pounce. Local clubs have been badly let down by AFLTas. All the rules are operating against clubs holding or recruiting players. TSL will suffer & become even more irrelevant than it is now.
AFLTas seem more interested in womens football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back