[Rumour] Hird New Coach of Bombers?

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't deny it tonight, just rolling out the "I've already answered it" line over and over.

I think he's going to do it. They're just deciding his assistants structure I bet.

It's to good to be true. :(

AFL footy clubs are $40 Million dollar businesses each year.

As Brisbane have shown with Voss, you do not put people with no experience in key roles in such businesses, even good people like James Hird.

This would be a massive mistake if they did it.

Agreed, Hirdy should be 2 years assistent, and then be our coach for the next 27

I don't think you could draw any other conclusion from On The Couch than that he was at least seriously considering it.

Three times he was asked different angles. Three times he punted, and didn't even attempt to answer the question.

All it would have taken was the same answer he's given 1000 times before: "I do want to coach some day, but I can't see it happening now."

He wouldn't even give that. he gave absolutely nothing. You take what you want from that. I reckon it was pretty clear.

Agreed, Hirdy should be 2 years assistent, and then be our coach for the next 27

obviously the ideal setup esp the 27 year bit but you left out the '4 flags';), but cant see Choco being interested as he would want the job long term, ditto Laidley, or would they consider such a setup just to get their feet back in the door?

Thompson? just looks like a big no. Daniher as a 2 year mentor? doesnt ring true.

my head hurts, time to lie down, put me out of my misery, please Jimbo:(

If he's not seriously in the mix, he's a dill for not saying so clearly when the opportunity is - again - handed to him on a plate. As he seems smart enough, it seems more likely that he's talking to them about being senior coach now or assisting with a promised job in two years, in some setup with either Laidley or Williams.

Or maybe he can't deny being involved in coaching, but won't be head coach??

"You'll also find that if Hird is asked in the media does he want to or will he ever coach? Instead of giving a straight out NO like he previously has been saying, he may give a more trivial response like 'i am enjoying what I do now' or 'there's nothing on the agenda at this stage' or 'i'm too busy with my business'. Basically he won't rule it out.

So whilst this is not a thread to advocate the removal of Knights, it is interesting to think the board could be assembling some good coaching apprentices in Hird, Lloyd, Burns and Wellman who would serve under Chocko. "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back