Injury Rumour - Jamo Back Injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Riewoldt has had NO preseason. Only just hit the track after heaps of surgery. No drama for our defence

Actually, he has had more pre-season this year than last, and we know how Round 1 turned out for him in 2011.

Regardless, I think we all know that Jack could kick 10 and that wouldn't necessarily determine the result.

Good luck to Jamo.

disappointing news but if he is back fit and firing by round 1 it isnt really a big deal. We may have had a couple of injuries but they have all come after the heavy training and fitness work. So all should be pretty fit even after their injuries.

All clubs get injuries and hopefully we are getting ours out of the way early. Would rather have my best 22 playing first week of finals than round 1.

Really feel for him.. destined to be one of those players who never reaches the level he should due to his body I reckon, unfortunately for him and us.

Just seems to regularly break down in innocuous circumstances :mad:

Wonder if this is why he came through the RD instead of the ND.

Body shape, height, size, skill, personality and altheticism are all top notch.

Just cant get his damn body right.

We can forget top four! Injuries already mounting up
Ok thanks... if you didn't say anything, I would've been looking forward to this year and all... now I don't have to buy my membership and not waste my time going or watching the footy in general...

Thanks buddy, you're a champ!

Look its not ideal but I would much rather it happen now then during the season or finals time.

Hendo is flying, Pauly B is back on track and Matty Watson has another pre season under his belt and Murph & Gibbs are flying.

Look back to last year and remember that Murphy, Russell & Hendo hardly had a preseason. Kruezer was still in rehab and Jamo missed the first few games.

I think we will be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is what it is (ie the club isn't sugar coating it) He wont lose too much fitness in 14 to 21 days. A couple of runs back into it and he'll be where he was when he stopped.

And missing contested work is largely irrelevant at this point, particularly if he can get a couple of nab games under his belt.

It's not a stress fracture. You'll have to save those crocodile tears for another occasion.

:)

You will find that "a hot spot" is actually a nice descriptor for a stress fracture, in this case presumably of the pars intraarticularis no less. So the crocodile tears can be happily shed on that account - but Jamo might still be right as rain by the round 1 for all that. Since individuals will heal at individual rates the club's estimate is perfectly reasonable.

I'm very concerned. Love this dude. 'hotspot' is the precursor Lesion for a stress fracture.

Jack wilshere of arsenal had a hot spot in his ankle and has missed five months. Granted, he was poorly managed and is worst case scenario.

I would love to be wrong on this, but I would be seriously concerned for him.

Actually, he has had more pre-season this year than last, and we know how Round 1 turned out for him in 2011.

Regardless, I think we all know that Jack could kick 10 and that wouldn't necessarily determine the result.

Good luck to Jamo.

Jack+Riewoldt+Lachie+Henderson+AFL+Rd+15+Richmond+YzJWkWq_Rall.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back