{Rumour} Jordan Lewis for our first pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
http://footyheads.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=98.0"target="_new"
That's where i found it.
Won't be for our priority pick so if we lose today it will be Lewis for pick 3.
Lewis is obviously a star young player but i think its time we should start breeding our own young players for the future.
Obviously just a rumour and this guy could be on the piss when he wrote it but its believable as we have allready indicated that we will play hard ball in this years exchange period.
Would u do pick 3 for Lewis?

Little chance that we'd trade him for Pick 3.

Not that i'm against it, but he's a proven gun midfielder. Not worth the risk of trading for a highly-touted yet speculative draftee when Lewis's talents and leadership abilities are needed at our club.

Young inside mid with a bit of mongrel is exactly what we need. Not sure if he's worth the 3rd pick.

I'm sure Carlton will be able to find that requirement in this draft in someone like a Masten (who I really, really like the look of) or Ebert.

Now I think about it, it'd be bloody hilarious if Carlton drafted Ebert.

Then they'd have both Adelaide (for Gibbs) and Port Adelaide pissed off at them. :D

I'm sure Carlton will be able to find that requirement in this draft in someone like a Masten (who I really, really like the look of) or Ebert.

Then they'd have both Adelaide (for Gibbs) and Port Adelaide pissed off at them. :D

almost makes it worth it dont you think?:p

Dont forget the son of one of the greatest RoyBoys playing for us aswell.

The drafting of Marc Murphy has the ire of Brisbane town drawn towards us as well.

To be hoenst i think it's in both clubs best interests that we didn't take part in this trade.

Lewis is a developed player and has become an important part to Hawthorns midfield. The last thing Hawthorn want is another young kid who they have to look to develop again. Why would they want to go backwards?

Carlton should be hoping that their third pick can bring them someone with speed and agility.

http://footyheads.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=98.0"target="_new"
That's where i found it.
Won't be for our priority pick so if we lose today it will be Lewis for pick 3.
Lewis is obviously a star young player but i think its time we should start breeding our own young players for the future.
Obviously just a rumour and this guy could be on the piss when he wrote it but its believable as we have allready indicated that we will play hard ball in this years exchange period.
Would u do pick 3 for Lewis?

Absolutely no way on Earth would I trade a top-20 pick. :)

Ratten has also said that the club will be trying to recruit tall mids and isn't it Palmer who's about 192cm?

Palmer is 180cm

Probably the two most highly rated tall mids are Cale Morton (192cm) and Brad Ebert (188cm).

Personally, I really hope we just go for the best mids rather than just tall ones. Kicking skills and pace are much more important then height.

Rhys Palmer is the goal kicking midfielder we need unless Richmond has a brain fart and overlooks Cotchin.

Masten would be good though.

Veszpremi would be a good get and might be the big bodied midfielder/forward we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we can close this thread then.

Hawks overrate Lewis and wouldn't give him up for pick 3...........and we don't want to give pick 3 for Lewis.

Where do we sign with our invisible ink?:p

No thanks, but I'll trade our pick 3 for Travis Boak. I guess then Port can use our pick for that Ebert chump.

If we are looking for an inside mid then keep pick 3 and draft Masten. Chris has far more upside than Lewis. Lewis at the moment IMO is the finished article, not much more improvement there. Masten is very clean and creative inside and athletically runs rings around Lewis.

Before Hawk fans chew me out on this one, I rate Lewis quite high but feel Masten will be better.

How about we just keep our Pick 1 and 3 and draft our own guys.

Then we don't need to use any energy on working out deals and can just get on with using our third pick and a player to get a trade over the line.

u'd be mad not to take jordan lewis for pick 3 tho...

the bloke is a star young player and u neva no what pick 3 will be like

imagine in a few years having a midfield of murphy, lewis and gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back