Hodge is God

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 4, 2012
Wollongong
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Brisbane Heat
Any who thinks or believes Buddy is on drugs shouldn't be following Hawthorn....Buddy is the most talked about player in the AFL and every one including media and fans wants to be the hero to ruin a champions career...
Sad isn't it. All champions have to put up with this all day, every week, pretty much.

Aug 10, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am pleased what Hodgey said today about Buddy and rumours, well done Luke! Evans also said that they had better be careful about they say or write about him..Time someone spoke up.I just hope one day the media will get a big penalty,and charged for defamation..The media thrives on gossip and rumour..It must be time to gossip, or rumour about several other big name players in the AFL. They don't write about them!

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
It was extremely disappointing to see the reactions of some people here, yesterday, to Buddy's late withdrawal. After he played against GWS, and tweaked the hammy, we had a lot of people fuming that the club had risked him against a minnow side. Now, they take a cautious approach, pull him out as playing him could have made him sicker, and people are outraged - claiming that the club has lied, that they now think the rumours might be true, that the club knew he'd never play and named him just to get people to attend the match.

Really, really disappointing and in some cases very hypocritical. It sucks that he hasn't played for so long, but perpetuating rumors and throwing around accusations do not help. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned for many.

Edit: you can't be charged for defamation, only sued. It's purely a civil matter.

Look, I appreciate the intent of the article, but it really is no different to what Mark Evans puts out every week.
All the indicators are he will play this week so hopefully that turns out to be the case.

onthemoney

Club Legend
Aug 9, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well said Hodgey... As I said yesterday, didn't believe it in the slightest, but considering how good our club has been this year at jumping on anything before it's even reported in the media (Brad Hill, Buddy speeding & prang) it was starting to look bad that this hadn't been addressed and confirmed as complete b.s. It has now, so we can just get on with the job of winning the flag. Hope the big budwah is feeling better and ready to turn it on against the Swans this weekend.

Aug 10, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Hawthorn
BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS...HS prints this BREAKING NEWS..Can you believe it? This must surely be a real big news item..Mark Stevens you need to be shown the door, to make such a ridiculous statement in the paper is a disgrace.
This is the headline, in twitter shows as;

BREAKING: Magpie linked to Buddy Franklin drama http://hsun.info/NVVbCW

Wow, they must be so short of selling papers for gossip and rumour!Sharrod Wellingham is his house mate,called our club because he was concerned about Buddy being ill..Wow,that's BIG BREAKING news. I can say I was very grateful that my neighbour found me very ill after a stroke, and called an ambulance.I am grateful that Sharrod called our club and advised them he was feeling ill..
Crap,Crap,Crap Mark Stevens and the HS..Look at the headline, what does that tell you..

HS Heading;

Collingwood star Sharrod Wellingham called club after Hawthorn star Lance Franklin fell ill..

I should have called Mark Stevens and told him my friend found me ill...Would it make the news??

Here we go again with rumours..

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
BREAKING NEWS, BREAKING NEWS...HS prints this BREAKING NEWS..Can you believe it? This must surely be a real big news item..Mark Stevens you need to be shown the door, to make such a ridiculous statement in the paper is a disgrace.
This is the headline, in twitter shows as;

BREAKING: Magpie linked to Buddy Franklin drama http://hsun.info/NVVbCW

Wow, they must be so short of selling papers for gossip and rumour!Sharrod Wellingham is his house mate,called our club because he was concerned about Buddy being ill..Wow,that's BIG BREAKING news. I can say I was very grateful that my neighbour found me very ill after a stroke, and called an ambulance.I am grateful that Sharrod called our club and advised them he was feeling ill..
Crap,Crap,Crap Mark Stevens and the HS..Look at the headline, what does that tell you..

HS Heading;

Collingwood star Sharrod Wellingham called club after Hawthorn star Lance Franklin fell ill..

I should have called Mark Stevens and told him my friend found me ill...Would it make the news??

Here we go again with rumours..
Sharon Wellingham cooked him dinner the previous night and then he and Maxy had a lazy $100 on schoey kicking the first goal of the game.;)

lickmerocks

Premiership Player
Jul 24, 2007
heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers, Kings,
It was good coming from Hodge's mouth the way it did. If it had come from the club in the form of an official announcement it would have fueled the rumour instead of quashing it.
Yeah imagine the media release from mark evans "we have heard the rumours and we will continue to monitor them during the week and hopefully he gets through training on Friday and hopefully he will be right to go by game time"

look, 6 weeks ago, buddy ripped the hammy off the bone. Being superhuman, he recovered in 5 weeks. Then last Friday night, he contracted a rare combination of the bubonic plague and dengue fever. Being superhuman, he almost recovered in time for the game. He's right now and will play this Saturday night against the swannies. If he isn't then these tealeaves are lying bastards.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
You get the feeling wellingham might belooking for new digs soon......

I too am dissapointed by hawk posters jumping at shadows.

jeffs rantings a side, the clubs word's been good for a few years now

Would love him at our club

So long as he gets a new flicking haircut.

Johnny_Unitas.png

Aug 10, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Skyfire15

All Australian
Jun 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Indy Colts, Pacers
Disappointed it's taken this long for the club to make a stand, but better late than never. The absolute BS that was being slung around on social media circles yesterday evening was an absolute disgrace and I feel sorry for all footballers to be subjected to that, Buddy just gets more than usual.

Aug 10, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What and who do we believe? Now the Age says that "Hawks are unsure Buddy will play" He is still groggy apparently. I give up..Maybe none of the 3 will play. Buddy says he can't wait till he trains tomorrow, and Hodgey says he is still groggy,the club say he will play..:rolleyes: BH!!

Commando

Club Legend
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man Utd, AC Milan, Wolfsburg,
I got banned by you guys six weeks ago for asking if anyone here had heard the rumour?
Anyway i want to know if i should sell him in supercoach

Back