Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

paul caruso@paulcaruso2 7m
@BigFootyMAGPIES I won't disclose my source but I have it on excellent authority that we are into Jeremy Cameron in a big way (for 2016).

We'll hear plenty of this stuff this season but this one is interesting. It is clear we have set ourselves up to have a play at the market at seasons end. We have cleared a massive chunk of salary cap. What is also interesting is of all our list management needs, a KPF in this age bracket would be top of the list.

Just a rumour, and should be treated as such, however it is interesting.

If Jermery Cameron got to Collingwood, I would run down Bourke Street In my Underwear

paul caruso@paulcaruso2 7m
@BigFootyMAGPIES I won't disclose my source but I have it on excellent authority that we are into Jeremy Cameron in a big way (for 2016).

We'll hear plenty of this stuff this season but this one is interesting. It is clear we have set ourselves up to have a play at the market at seasons end. We have cleared a massive chunk of salary cap. What is also interesting is of all our list management needs, a KPF in this age bracket would be top of the list.

Just a rumour, and should be treated as such, however it is interesting.

It's a great rumour and I believe Collingwood would be crazy not to be testing the waters with him but come that time he could go to any club and be their highest paid player so I could only imagine what sort of price he'd command. Another 9 year deal on the cards maybe?

Born into a family where everyone except for his mother Kelly barracks for the Magpies and living in a country town known as an outpost for the Collingwood army it was hard for the 20 year old to avoid.
"I really loved Collingwood and their players,''Cameron said.
"A lot of people from Dartmoor follow Collingwood and I just fell into barracking for them.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-to-beating-them/story-fni5f7qp-1226685239519

The stars would really need to align for this to work.

GWS will have moved on from playing the top end of the draft and be looking to trade for experienced players like they did with Shaw. Who would be a reasonable trade for Cameron? Beams? (No way would I lose him under any circumstances) Sidebottom? ...? It'd probably have to be multiple players for it to work.

GWS would only consider releasing Cameron if Boyd comes on well. And they may yet get attached to the idea of two topline KPF's on the ground just like their cross town rivals are doing.

If Shaw works out well for them then that'll help our cause.

But in any case, we should not sell the farm to get Cameron. A feature if our 2010 team was that it was very well balanced with no big superstars at the time. It's since become more unbalanced in that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The stars would really need to align for this to work.

GWS will have moved on from playing the top end of the draft and be looking to trade for experienced players like they did with Shaw. Who would be a reasonable trade for Cameron? Beams? (No way would I lose him under any circumstances) Sidebottom? ...? It'd probably have to be multiple players for it to work.

GWS would only consider releasing Cameron if Boyd comes on well. And they may yet get attached to the idea of two topline KPF's on the ground just like their cross town rivals are doing.

If Shaw works out well for them then that'll help our cause.

But in any case, we should not sell the farm to get Cameron. A feature if our 2010 team was that it was very well balanced with no big superstars at the time. It's since become more unbalanced in that way.

Of course, one could argue that that imbalance partially came about as a result of not having more than just the one viable key forward. Dawes' really poor form (and subsequent trading), Brown's retirement and Lynch's poor form have effectively left us with one productive key forward. Of course, the Buckley game plan of 'bomb it long to the hotspot' has exacerbated this, but the point remains: Cloke has had no one to help him out, hence Reid going forward.

What better way to solve that problem (and prepare for life after Cloke) than to prise the next big thing out of GWS, with maybe Darcy Moore coming on as well?

Of course, as you say, a reasonable trade would be difficult. 1st rounder, Sidebottom and Brown? Or maybe just have Jezza walk to the PSD and pop the mother of all prices on his head?

Yeah, probably just have to settle for less and hope Moore comes on...:(

In reality only Beams wanting to go home would probably get the job done with a sweetener

Beams is from the Gold Coast. IIRC the only "go home" possibility in this deal would be Witts.

Would never trade Sidebottom for Cameron..
I have to much love for Steele.
We can find a forward and it doesn't have to be Cameron, nor do we need to pay a high price for it.
Personally I do not push much credence on forwards, well in my coaching mind.

<Not saying i'm a coach.. Or I'm smarter then anyone, just putting my thoughts into words>

Would never trade Sidebottom for Cameron..
I have to much love for Steele.
We can find a forward and it doesn't have to be Cameron, nor do we need to pay a high price for it.
Personally I do not push much credence on forwards, well in my coaching mind.

<Not saying i'm a coach.. Or I'm smarter then anyone, just putting my thoughts into words>

Yep no way is Steele on the trade table, regardless of the prize you never trade great players or great club men. When we got bucks the club released a memo that anyone outside our top 12 (I think) were up for trade, it created instability within the whole group. Don't sell our soul, club men have a home for life!!!

After Steele wins the Copeland this year it is unlikely he would be traded. 2016 is an eternity in football terms, given the changes over the past two years it is difficult to imagine what our team will look like and even who it will be coached by.

Of course, the Buckley game plan of 'bomb it long to the hotspot' has exacerbated this, but the point remains

How do you know that is his game plan?

We did the something when we where playing bad under MM

GWS will have Patton, Boyd and Cameron all supposedly playing forward. I feel you can have 2 prominent key forwards but when you have 3, your number 3 guy may just get a little bit miffed being a gun, but only the 3rd banana and receiving little ball directed his way.

Players want to play the game most of all. Yes, they want to do the team thing etc, but it wouldn't be difficult to sell to opportunity to the '3rd guy' to move to a club where he'll be no.1 or 2.

Getting a trade done is another matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back