Rumour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who could we replace him with?

Someone young and with a strong science based approach in determining efficacy of the programs we put the players through. After reading the Ox is Slow I got the feeling there is some deficiency in that area. A lot of sport science does seem to be voodoo. I have read doctors and scientists describing the field as such recently. And we have heard about Dank paints him as a right old Getafix, along with his chiropractor mates and their hyperbaric chambers and potions from Mexico.

Lock Sylvia in.. shh ;)

I do laugh though.

On his debut I remember listening to mmm and hearing hutchie/Barrett or whoever it was then saying he was the next coming of Jesus. In sofar that he was likely to become the best player in the comp.

He is an unfulfilled talent. Lets hope if he comes across we can bring out the best in him.

I personally think its probably time for Buttifant to move on anyway.

Our last 2 years have been shocking in terms of injuries. I know you can't do a lot about certain injuries, but we have had a lot of soft tissue ones as well.

I also reckon we've lost that edge in terms of fitness. We used to be so much fitter than other sides. I know that competitive advantage doesn't last long because other sides catch up...but my concern is that they have gone past us.

If we are not the fittest team in the comp, we should be at least one of the fittest.

Buttifant has been the best going around, but I wonder if the players need a new method to get back the edge.

This is just my outside view on the situation. Obviously I am not internal and have no idea how this guy operates. Everyone speaks so highly of him, and he was very important in the 2010 flag. All I can comment on is what I see, and I want to be the fittest team in the comp again.

strongly agree with this... I think we have really come back to the pack in the last 2 years in terms of fitness and injury prevention. Our 2 way gut running that was the feature of 2010-11 has really dropped off badly. Time for a fresh approach maybe.

strongly agree with this... I think we have really come back to the pack in the last 2 years in terms of fitness and injury prevention. Our 2 way gut running that was the feature of 2010-11 has really dropped off badly. Time for a fresh approach maybe.

I would love to see us flex some money and put in a big offer to him or someone similar. It would be interesting to look internationally if there is someone similar to this guy.

I would be interested to know if this guy came back for family / homesick reasons, as I cannot see Port Adelaide paying more than Liverpool.

I would love to see us flex some money and put in a big offer to him or someone similar. It would be interesting to look internationally if there is someone similar to this guy.

I would be interested to know if this guy came back for family / homesick reasons, as I cannot see Port Adelaide paying more than Liverpool.

He and his team were turfed by Liverpool. Not sure if it was before or after Rodgers was appointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superfooty claims Thomas and Didak are certain to head to Carlton
I find this odd considering Daisy has been away so not much would be happening on the contract front right now.

When he left, both he and Buckley made definitive statements about him staying at Collingwood. Though this does not mean he is definitely staying, they would not have been so definitive if the deal was already done with Carlton. THe landscape has changed with his injury, but with him away at the moment then I highly doubt there has been much progress. Perhaps his manager has been fielding offers and negotiating...but surely Daisy would need to be in on the conversations.

I love Daisey, he's one of my favourites. But if it comes to picking between him and Dusty Martin as to who I'd pay $600k a year too it'd be see you later Daisey and thanks for the memories :)

Dreaming I know but that'd be a nice little pick up.

Hey Guys, have a little Facebook page for super coach and footy news.
Anyways, one of the guys who's liked the page says he has a source very close to Harry O, believes that Harry will quit footy all together at years end.

While I would like to keep him, if true. It doesn't upset me 2 much. For once we seem to have a bit of depth in the HBF / Wing area with the likes of Sidebottom, Seedsman, Young, Oxley, Thomas (if he stays)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back