News Rumoured new Collingwood logo for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

True story...

Back some time in the early 2000s when I was mid-teens, I was out riding my bike around the streets near our house. We lived in a new estate so there was lots of new roads popping up all the time with little to no houses around, and I liked to go exploring. While I was riding I had my walkman with me (radio AND cassette!) and was listening to the footy. It was the Bulldogs and Collingwood, and the Dogs had just got up somewhat unexpectedly (Pies were a decent side at the time, Dogs were hopeless). As the Dogs players were starting to sing the song in the rooms, I got this almighty hit to the back of my head. It was a magpie swooping me. Scared the living daylights out of me, I've never pedalled so hard in all my life to get away from the thing. It followed me a fair way too before it eventually stopped. I managed to duck its next four or five attempts on my life.

The timing of it all was just so perfect though.

True story...

Back some time in the early 2000s when I was mid-teens, I was out riding my bike around the streets near our house. We lived in a new estate so there was lots of new roads popping up all the time with little to no houses around, and I liked to go exploring. While I was riding I had my walkman with me (radio AND cassette!) and was listening to the footy. It was the Bulldogs and Collingwood, and the Dogs had just got up somewhat unexpectedly (Pies were a decent side at the time, Dogs were hopeless). As the Dogs players were starting to sing the song in the rooms, I got this almighty hit to the back of my head. It was a magpie swooping me. Scared the living daylights out of me, I've never pedalled so hard in all my life to get away from the thing. It followed me a fair way too before it eventually stopped. I managed to duck its next four or five attempts on my life.

At a guess August 2002? Wallace had just left and we were top 4, round 22 I believe.

Also I hate magpies/birds in general.

At a guess August 2002? Wallace had just left and we were top 4, round 22 I believe.

Timing sounds right as I was almost swooped myself.

Mind you, same time year before there was a mass swoop going on.

True story...

I remember last year I went for a bike ride and got swooped on two separate occasions on the same journey. Apparently if you get swooped while on a bike you're supposed to disembark and proceed to walk away. Seems good in practice but casually hopping off my bike and walking away was the last thing on my mind while I was getting the kamikaze treatment from that bastard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep that sounds right. I vaguely remember something about Peter Rohde at the time and that was his first game in charge so I'd say that was it.

I remember last year I went for a bike ride and got swooped on two separate occasions on the same journey. Apparently if you get swooped while on a bike you're supposed to disembark and proceed to walk away. Seems good in practice but casually hopping off my bike and walking away was the last thing on my mind while I was getting the kamikaze treatment from that bastard.

Yeah stuff that!

Ib9QSR8.jpg

This image may be better as it is of a magpie coming straight for you.

Cheers. Been working on it all year in my spare time. The actual proposal is 40-pages long, with a bigger back story and deeper research into contemporary sports logo upgrades. I had to reduce it to make it uploadable. Looks like I may have missed the boat though if the rumours are true re: Collingwood's new logo launch. It was my biggest fear, the club releasing a new logo before the year was out, hence why I'm uploading now (maybe the club will see this and delay the launch ).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back