Crypt Keeper

Debutant
May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
It is a really great job, well researched and presented.
Cheers. A few minor tweaks still to undertake (I won't divulge what, but I need my artist to spare some free time when he gets the chance). But overall, I'm happy with the concepts. Contemporary logos (and secondary, alternate logos) aren't for everyone, but digital and merchandise (and the next generation of supporters) can't be ignored.

Crypt Keeper

Debutant
May 9, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Incredible, the Victoria Park/Sherrin Stand thing is clever too.
Cheers. A few very minor tweaks still to undertake (I won't divulge what, but I need my artist to spare some free time when he gets the chance). But overall, I'm happy with the concepts. Contemporary logos (and secondary, alternate logos) aren't everyone's cup of tea, but digital and merchandise (and the next generation of supporters) can't be ignored.

lead balloon

Debutant
Sep 14, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Be a shame to see the current one go and be replaced by more cartoony crap like Footscray, Richmond and North have done recently.

One of the worst kept secrets is now official.

https://featured.collingwoodfc.com.au/logo/

More than a few issues with this sequence though

upload_2017-10-4_6-50-14.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Noticed these logos at the very end. At first I think they were alternate designs but now I realise they are old logos the club used, very interesting to say the least.
reyey.PNG

I also love that they are sticking with gold in the logos colour scheme. Something about it just brightens the image up.

Current Logo Age Ladder

0 Seasons
Collingwood

North Melbourne

Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

Carlton (But in reality is alot older than this)

Richmond
GWS (Original Logo)

Fremantle
Gold Coast (Original Logo)

Adelaide (Still uses original on trophies and other long term items)
Brisbane Lions

Geelong (Both Primary and Jumper)
Hawthorn

West Coast

Essendon
Port Adelaide (original Logo)
Sydney

St Kilda (But been around club since at least 1933)

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Current Logo Age Ladder

0 Seasons
Collingwood

North Melbourne

Melbourne
Western Bulldogs

Carlton (But in reality is alot older than this)

Richmond
GWS (Original Logo)

Fremantle
Gold Coast (Original Logo)

Adelaide (Still uses original on trophies and other long term items)
Brisbane Lions

Geelong (Both Primary and Jumper)
Hawthorn

West Coast

Essendon
Port Adelaide (original Logo)
Sydney

St Kilda (But been around club since at least 1933)
Baffling that Essendon and Port Adelaide's logos have lasted that long.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Used to really want to see Essendon's changed, really don't now – it's become far more unique. Works big and small, you know the team, there's the logo, and the colours are there. Not much wasted space, nothing superfluous. It's pretty good.

Port's looks alright now and the shape makes it stand out more with the overuse of the stylised shield. It's hard to improve because people incorporate too much or they don't know how to tackle the identity – I mean a power strike just looks weak on its own (ironically). If they upgrade I'd be disappointed if there wasn't a roundel... to me that is the unique thing South Australian clubs had. The fact they were all on the front of the jumpers adds to that importance.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I still think it looks like it was made by an amateur. It's the same dated magpie on a pile of amateurly executed logo genericism.

A redrawn magpie (even in the same pose) to work better with modern applications should have been step 1.

atlaser

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think it's pretty good. Not amazing but I think it's an improvement on the last one. Having the australian flag on a logo of a footy club is strange.

I thought it was interesting to see the focus on the pinstriping of the old jumpers. Both of the promotional jumpers they made this year had it too. Don't know if it means anything. I think it would be better to return the home jumper what is currently the away one, white with 3 black stripes on the front and back and black cuffs and collar.

It looks like the sort of thing that wins an online competition for 'design Collingwood's 2018 logo' amongst people who are not professional designers.
I still think it looks like it was made by an amateur. It's the same dated magpie on a pile of amateurly executed logo genericism.

A redrawn magpie (even in the same pose) to work better with modern applications should have been step 1.

paging Shpeshal Ed

Used to really want to see Essendon's changed, really don't now – it's become far more unique. Works big and small, you know the team, there's the logo, and the colours are there. Not much wasted space, nothing superfluous. It's pretty good.

As I say when someone bring it up on the Essendon board, the bomber itself in the logo is pretty much perfect. They can change up the font if they wish, but the bomber must stay.

Back