Rumour Rumours and Scuttlebutt in the Media - Who to believe???

Remove this Banner Ad

Roughies Boys

Cancelled
Nov 19, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just wondering when it comes to player movement which journalists are pretty reliable & have a good track record?

Can you prove there track record?

So who should we take notice of when they say something & who should we stay clear of?

Help me get reporters predictions by tagging me & your proof of what they've said... Cheers,

REPORTERS Damien BarrettSam McClureMitch ClearyTom MorrisJon RalphTom BrowneMark StevensJay ClarkMatt BalmerPeter VlahosTony SheahanRicky NixonJake NiallRESULTS
PLAYERS
Stephen ConiglioGWS or BluesBluesHawks
Tim Kelly
Zak Jones
Jack MartinBlues
Adam TomlinsonDees, Dogs or Saints
Ed LangdonDees
Bradley HillHawks, Saints or Dees
Jack StevenCats
Karl Amon
Hugh GreenwoodSaints or HawksLions or Hawks
Jon PattonHawksHawksHawksHawksHawks
Todd GoldsteinRoos
Anthony TippaBombers or Dogs

Last edited:
Just wondering when it comes to player movement which journalists are pretty reliable & have a good track record?

Can you prove there track record?

So who should we take notice of when they say something & who should we stay clear of?
People hate him but if Barret says something about trade movement its almost always true

Mark Stevens gets decent Bulldogs information.

BigFooty rumours are almost always true.

Mitch Cleary, Riley Beveridge, and any other AFL.com.au journalist have a lot of credibility in my eyes.

The AFL needs a Wojnarowski-esque reporter who's the go-to guy with all things trade and free agency

Need a list of Journos and what their predictions are. Then at the end of the trade period see how many they got wrong. I suggest OP get on it right away.
how do you grade those A grade 'predictions' such as:
"Jack Martin is now closer to re-signing, whereas previously he had one foot out the door. He remains undecided"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how do you grade those A grade 'predictions' such as:
"Jack Martin is now closer to re-signing, whereas previously he had one foot out the door. He remains undecided"

Good question. I'd probably ignore the ones where they are ambiguous or maybe they have their own category.

Maybe have categories like
Reporters Name (Says)Rumour (Stephen Hill to Gold Coast)Will Go/re-sign (Sign as UFA) Definite belief/not sure covering his bases

People hate him but if Barret says something about trade movement its almost always true

One of the reasons people hate him i think...because he'll put out a story that's true that the club/player didn't want public and can't ignore.

His issue is with boundaries of a story...doesn't seem to care too much about the people in the story, just wants to break it eg his run ins with Bevo over Boyd.

We're pretty fortunate to have an ITK poster on our board who clearly has ties to someone high up at our club...probably works there.

Is just always right with the state of play and reading their rumours is one of the main reasons i enjoy logging into BigFooty...nice to know things happening at the club that you wouldn't hear about in the media and otherwise know about.

Tony Sheahan is one not to believe. One of the biggest BS peddlers going around
And yet he pulled the big kahuna when everyone else was assuming he'd go to GWS. Guess every dog has its day.

There's a Perth journalist who dropped the Neale leaving/Gaff staying news out of nowhere (Peter Vlahos)

And yet he pulled the big kahuna when everyone else was assuming he'd go to GWS. Guess every dog has its day.

There's a Perth journalist who dropped the Neale leaving/Gaff staying news out of nowhere (Peter Vlahos)
Peter Vlahos apparently made a report lately aswell on Cogs.

Jake Niall reported that Carlton are leading the charge for Jack Martin, with North and St Kilda interested.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back