Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have all been there - scrolling through 10-20+ pages of the trade thread just so that we don't miss anything juicy. The idea of this thread is to be a quick snapshot of any rumours that are floating around and to be an easy reference (also helpful when looking back). Will try to keep it up to date and also add any links to tweets, saintsational posts and other journo comments that seem reputable (and will be moderated accordingly).

Please note, no discussion about the rumour will take place in here. Instead we have the Trade Thread.

Links to tweets, reporters and articles will be welcome, although we will try to stick to the more reputable sources. Try to use the #Whispers hashtag to alert posters to its presence.

This way we maintain a nice clean thread with nothing but rumours and confirmed trades.

For any discussion please post it in the trade thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

BeastKing

Draftee
Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Collingwood want Treloar out. Maybe that Geelong supporter was onto something.

A few others can vouch for me. I posted about an hour ago in a pm that I had heard the Saints were keen on Treloar in the last 24 hours.
But I had heard they wanted a first next year for Daicos Junior.

#Whispers

Thanks flyingmagic .

Any discussion here will be deleted so go to this thread to chat;

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey guys. Let me preface by saying I am NOT an ITK (or pretend to be) in any shape or form but I have multiple mates across a few different clubs -

St Kilda is one of 4 Victorian clubs that have enquired about Adam Treloar for 2021. Both QLD clubs have also asked the question.

I didn't want to keep pushing the conversation out of respect but I really hope we throw all our eggs into this basket as I believe he has about a 20-30% chance of being at Collingwood next year and a 0% at leaving Victoria.

#Whispers

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Crouch & Steele on the inside, Jones & Clark outside and Gresham pinch hitting both. Not to mention Ross who had a great end to the year (hoping form continues, he did mention he is playing to his ability now instead of previous years where he would try pull off kicks that he wasn't capable of).

What this also will do is push goal threats like Billings into the forward line where he belongs.

It's a great move for us structurally, still think we need another mid who can win inside and outside but positive we will land a couple more.

Exciting stuff!

Think we have more coming mate , lots of Irons in fires .

#Whispers

#Vague

Last edited:

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
St Kilda is open to trading defenders Dylan Roberton and Jimmy Webster as the club makes room for incoming Adelaide star midfielder Brad Crouch.
Crouch, 26, has chosen the Saints to continue his career next season after the Herald Sun on Tuesday revealed Geelong had dropped out of the race for the star onballer.

The Crows’ best-and-fairest winner could be the finishing piece in St Kilda’s engine room upgrade and will use his strong contested ball and clearance game to help bring speedy wingman Brad Hill into the play more next season.

As a free agent, Crouch will cost the Saints nothing in a trade, unless Adelaide tried to match the offer. St Kilda’s first pick in this year’s draft is No. 14.

But St Kilda is also open to making hard calls on Roberton, who played only one game for the season, and Webster, who managed eight, in this year’s trade period. Both are contracted at St Kilda for next season.

While Webster, 27, is believed to have attracted some interest, Roberton’s situation is more complicated by his heart issues which kept the rebounding backman sidelined for almost two seasons.

Roberton, 29, is confident he has got on top of the issues with some expert medical advice. He collapsed on the field in Round 4 2018 against Geelong and then had another scare in a preseason game in Ballarat last year.

Roberton’s time out of the game significantly impacted his fitness levels which saw the Saints overlook him for selection in every game this year aside from the season-opener when he had eight possessions against North Melbourne.

Roberton has played only five games in the past three years since he finished second in the club’s best and fairest in a career-best 2017 season.

The Saints are undeterred by Crouch’s end-of-season indiscretion when the star onballer and teammate Tyson Stengle were found with an illicit substance in Adelaide.

St Kilda has spoken with Crouch and are in the advanced stages of talks with his management, W Sports and Media, about a long-term deal.

If the Saints pay Crouch less than $650,000 a year, as expected, the Crows would receive an end-of-first-round compensation selection.

That compensation is a downgrade on Adelaide’s initial hopes that it could receive an early first-round compensation which would slot in at pick No. 2.

But the Saints are unlikely to offer Crouch the blockbuster contract offer required to trigger pick No. 2 which would give Adelaide the first two selections in this year’s draft.

Adelaide football director Mark Ricciuto said the Crows would begin talks with the Saints about the transfer.

“St Kilda could get him for nothing (depending) on whatever wage they offer him (under free agency rules),” Ricciuto said on Triple M.

“Whereas if they offer him low-end (money). If they think they’re going to get him cheap, then Adelaide can match and you have to trade.

“Both clubs get together and work out what happens.”

Ricciuto said the unknown elements of the AFL’s free agency model was frustrating for clubs.

“There is no set formula, there is no document you can get from the AFL to say if he gets this and this you will get that,” he said.

“There is a lot at stake here for Adelaide fans.”

#Whispers

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
his new #whisper

“Won’t get into specifics, but good mates with a family member of his.

Told GWS yesterday that he wanted to “explore his options” (not necessarily ‘wanted to leave’).

But has today made a decision to join Saints and has informed them as such.

Not sure how long it will take to announce, but apparently wants to tell gws, Essendon (who we offering the most $$) and a few gws teammates first.”

#Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back