Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
We have all been there - scrolling through 10-20+ pages of the trade thread just so that we don't miss anything juicy. The idea of this thread is to be a quick snapshot of any rumours that are floating around and to be an easy reference (also helpful when looking back). Will try to keep it up to date and also add any links to tweets, saintsational posts and other journo comments that seem reputable (and will be moderated accordingly).

Please note, no discussion about the rumour will take place in here. Instead we have the Trade Thread.

Links to tweets, reporters and articles will be welcome, although we will try to stick to the more reputable sources. Try to use the #Whispers hashtag to alert posters to its presence.

This way we maintain a nice clean thread with nothing but rumours and confirmed trades.

For any discussion please post it in the trade thread:

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just had a message from my ratts contact , Dunstan is gone and Higgins (Tiger) is very likely to happen which makes you think Lonie will be gone

Just put that to my Richmond contact who said that it was either him or Dawkins as they need to free some cap space for some young players so could be on the money there Risky.

And we didn't even to make up a PM about it :D :D

#Whispers

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last edited:

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda

Hugga

Debutant
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, North Sydney Bears
St Deewhy going sick on the main thread. Dunstan to Carlton. Carlisle to Hawthorn. Webster to essendon. Traelor to Hawks. Jack Higgins and Brad crouch to St Kilda. Mick Hurley possibly to St Kilda also. Lonie out the door.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
The one talking to the Bombers is not Sebastian... it’s JW

JW will be for pick whatever the highest bombers have, we will be giving his contract to Higgins, we need his $$ off the books.
Dunstan is off to the Blues...
We are heavily into Hurley as Carlisle replacement and Lones is out the door also but I think we are all thought that was the case anyway...
Adelaide won’t match Crouch, compo pick will then upgraded to our 15 as part of a trade

Dunstan not going to Adelaide

The Adelaide trade will be 15 for 20 and a later pick

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Treloar will be at hawks

And Carlisle too
#Whispers

Last edited:

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Bombers paying some of hurleys money, they want his $$ off their books for Dunkley deal

Jake wants to
Go to hawks

There is one club and one management group leaking like a rusty tap at the moment, some of the the stuff is so out there that it just can’t be right, Collingwood so far over that they can currently only fit $175k in for de goey, the AFL won’t sign off his new deal until they clear the money out.. hence all the treloar Stephenson Phillips talk
Who is Treloars manager? Apparently really pissed....

(Ross) Staying as far as I know

#Whispers

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
jaxons wrote: I can promise you after we lodge the paperwork Adelaide will not be matching the offer and he will get to us as a FA.

sauce_head

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 24, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
However, AFL.com.au reported on Sunday evening that the Crows would only receive pick No.23 for Crouch – which could be pushed out further after Academy and Father-Son bids at the NAB AFL Draft – after the Saints' offer fell short of warranting pick No.2.

And, on Monday morning, indications emerged that Adelaide would not match the offer and would therefore not force a trade with St Kilda, which could have potentially landed the club pick No.17 instead.

From afl.com

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
To be honest I’ll explain what I told a few others yesterday. If I’m wrong, well I wasn’t 100% wrong however I’m well aware I know what’s coming my way and I actually didn’t want to post about it.

Yesterday I got a text saying crouch will be done in the next 24 hours. I took that as we would be lodging today.

after giving that info. We lodged later on Sunday.

I was told the delay in lodging was we spoke about a trade framework with crows over the last few days. Nothing came of it. (I don’t know if something will, I just know that these talks didn’t have an outcome)

I was then told it should be a done deal. “They won’t match” - whether that’s because of the triggers and the way it’s structured. I have no clue. It seems that way today seeing the report. But I don’t actually know more then that.

so I told a handful. I wanted to keep it to that handful however I have enjoyed today thoroughly and decided I’ll share.

Personally I’m not fussed, I think Crouch needs this move more then we need him as I think Ratten can get him out of his comfort zone and make him a better player. That’s not to say that I wouldn’t be very happy landing him as a free agent.
#Whispers

flyingmagic

Cancelled
Sep 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Treloar any chance?

Think Webster, Lonie and Dunstan are all gone.

We already had a bit of cap room for Crouch but if we can move these three on it leaves us with an incredible amount of space to structure contracts in a way that will have us in a position to bring in 2 quality players

#isgeorgeITK?

(liked by MG and Stewart so maybe some weight to it haha)

#Whispers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back